Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #21
qz33
Doctor Doom

RaddTitan christened Liu Kang as the worse statue ever made.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:06 PM   #22
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
I enjoyed the interview. mark and anthony seem legit.
Right you are, back on the main topic!
I think Jerry made a great choice, after seeing Anthony and Mark in the interview and to get a face to their names it seemed very comforting and legit like some are saying here. I am glad Jerry can forget about the factory QC control and customer service, and spend his time on the more important things sculpting, it is what brings him joy after all!!!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #23
ukshaun
Hercules

Anthony and Mark hitting it off, talking 'salt water fish'

I've done the salt water fish thing. I learn't a lot about their needs, what fish can / cannot be kept together. It can be time consuming, maintaining water quality, which is the main key to success. That was 10 years ago. I might return to it at some point. I know these days, the hobby has become ever more advance with the equipment available. One area i can't quite get my head around is the 'nano aquarium' as the one thing Marine fish require is a super balanced environment. 1 degree change in water temperature can stress some of the more delicate fish.

My prized fish was something called a Lipstick Tang. This fish started out small at 5cm long. He grew and grew, reaching 25cm. Very tame, could be hand feed flake food. A super close second was a Picasso Trigger. This guy was full character

/back to statues
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #24
ukshaun
Hercules

The factory talk was interesting. Good to hear PCS are moving to use the same factories as XM, Prime 1, SideShow

I thought XM and Prime used their own factories?

The two pieces remaining, being made by factories PCS want to move away from, i wonder what two pieces these are?
I sure hope they are not Mileena 1/3 or Chun Li 1/3

It's good to hear, decent factories coming into play, and delays being erased

While i know nothing about SideShow and who they use, it is obvious some pieces turn out better than others, leading me to believe, different factories are responsible. Whoever made Captain Marvel, did 10/10 job. I want the same factory to made Lady Deadpool, Harley Quinn, Aspen

Edit: Conan - being made in an XM Factory, or rather made in a factory XM use. I guess i answered one of my own questions
I don't have Conan on order. I might, at a later date.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #25
ukshaun
Hercules

I should watch the whole video before commenting

I'm happy to hear, Chun Li 1/3 was the first statue Anthony and Mark really go to deal with from a getting it made by a 'good' factory, i'm assuming either XM or Prime 1 use.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #26
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I didnt understand the interviewers bringing up my cars but whatever...Anthony handled it well
I watch the whole interview. I met Ant at NYCC. I trust him to run PCS as a collector and business man. He's focus and has plans to make PCS better. He's a classy guy. I didn't know about Mark. After hearing their story and vision for PCS. I think you made absolutely the right decision to past the torch to them. Its seems like perfect timing and it was meant to be. I'm glad you can do what you enjoy the most and that is to be an Artist.

Its good in a way they brought up the cars thing. Ant did have a good answer in the interview. Its a reminder to collectors that you made more thru your previous career in movies and investment. You made statues cause you enjoy it. You probably took a pay cut making statues from your garage than from making movies.

Your the only producer on the forum all the time. You were a one man show which is crazy. Imagine the amount of hours you put in. You worked hard from your Garage to make PCS what it is now. In the interview I'm glad Geo brought up the fact that you are one of the rare Artist that still sculpts in Clay. I like that he mention your work has Soul. I like that compliment he made and I agree. That's why I collect your 1/3 Gems. Space is scarce but those are beautiful statues. I wonder whose's next in the SF 1/3 and I heard you mention you might be interested in making a Fei Long.

I'm looking forward to where you will lead PCS creatively!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #27
ukshaun
Hercules

Most collectors don't want to wait 3 years for an order to ship. The new 12 month plan can only help PCS. Wanting to get that down to 9 months, good luck to them. 9 or 12, many will be happy.

Good hearing more talk about Chun Li 1/3
This one statue, when it arrives, can only lift PCS

By the sounds of things, if all goes to plan, PCS have just go more professional, behind the scenes atleast. Who knows, with the pressure off, maybe Jerry will up his game, not that he has to
Old 11-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #28
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
When geo hates on pieces that are good but gives THIS a perfect score because he got it for free there's a clear bias...... painfully obvious.

While the interview was worth watching I just feel as geo was making the situation way worse than it actually was. PCS wasn't even close to being ARH and the quality was still great.
lol omfg that looks so bad, I have seen the pics and this piece is utter garbage. They just lost all my respect.
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #29
ukshaun
Hercules

Sounds like Jerry's next sculpt is Guile. I'd assume 1/3 scale, as that's what Jerry does these days.

To those that ordered Rambo, it appears the hand is staying the way it is.
PCS could have changed/improved the hand 'but' the factory could not replicate it, not without it looking dodgy.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #30
ukshaun
Hercules

If there was one issue that bothered me slightly about the Radd Titan interview / chat was, they would interrupt the PCS guys Anthony and Mark, and should have just them them speak until they stopped