Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #11
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
I'm seeing a lot of statue that I bought direct from PCS and received recently on sale and with free shipping from SS. Its not a good feeling when you see things you paid full price and then on sale for less. I would have saved a few hundred dollars if I would buy PCS extra inventory from SS.
Join the group....

Also LOVE seeing pieces I prepaid +3 years ago show back up and others at major discounts/free ship/AP.

Essentially this has ruined PCS market place.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #12
Choopie
Birdman

I agree. Digging things out of the warehouse and putting them up for sale a year or two after release is one thing, but to have deep discounts on recently released items is not right. I waited over 2 years and paid full price for the Kessler Wolf EX only to see it on Sideshow's site for sale and free shipping only a month or two after initial release. That's not cool.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #13
Blacksunn

Yep, They should have rebranded these rereleases for one and then charged a premium to acquire thus driving up the market not destroying it with 30-50% off and free shipping.

Or took a loss and did auctions for charity and took the tax write offs...

As mentioned by offering the deep discounts on sold-out products PCS destroyed their brand, AP's value, customer base and marketplace pricing to liquidate inventory that had value at the time.

Maybe they need that influx of cash quickly, who knows...
Old 12-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #14
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post
I agree. Digging things out of the warehouse and putting them up for sale a year or two after release is one thing, but to have deep discounts on recently released items is not right. I waited over 2 years and paid full price for the Kessler Wolf EX only to see it on Sideshow's site for sale and free shipping only a month or two after initial release. That's not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No way to know that ahead of time, if it would have sold out might have cost hundreds more so its a gamble.
It seems almost everything (new release stuff too) was on sale. Kessler was like a slap in the face. 300 bucks shipped.

Last edited by FROBAY; 12-14-2017 at 07:14 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #15
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Just don't preorder products if you have an issue with this. It makes sense to put things on sale that don't sell. I imagine they get tons of cancellation requests especially after months of delay or years of waiting. If people want companies to change, then they need to start putting to practice what they preach. Stop preordering statues. It really is the easiest answer.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #16
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

The point is that many statues were thought to be long sold out. And recent releases for 25% off + free shipping. It's easy to say stop preordering when people were operating under different assumptions.

Going forward, yeah, I'm done POing from PCS. Prime1 and Iron Studios are my main interests now.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #17
Blacksunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
While I'm on my soapbox, I think Artist Proofs should be numbered. Some of us would like to know how many exist.
WAAAAAY more than the 15-30 that they claimed in the beginning... lol
Old 12-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #18
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Join the group....

Also LOVE seeing pieces I prepaid +3 years ago show back up and others at major discounts/free ship/AP.

Essentially this has ruined PCS market place.
OK Thanks Blacksunn! I don't feel alone. I'm normally a day 1 and paid in full person. I've order a fair amount of statues direct from PCS. I may need to change my strategy ordering.

I didn't mind older inventory item going on sale. I do mind recent new items and exclusives. I normally order from day one paid in full. I waited for and never complained about when the statues were arriving.Now selling recent statues for less and with free shipping makes me feel that my waiting was foolish. This sort of annoys me if this will be normal practice. I agree Blacksunn this sort of ruins the PCS market place.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #19
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If anyone is to blame for all this, its Jerry. He seemed to stop caring less and less while rumors that turned out to be true, were flying around that he was moving and selling off the company. New management seems like theyre moving forward and trying to make it right, and are listening to us, rather than ignoring issues. Give Ant a chance to step up to the plate and turn things around.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #20
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
If anyone is to blame for all this, its Jerry. He seemed to stop caring less and less while rumors that turned out to be true, were flying around that he was moving and selling off the company. New management seems like theyre moving forward and trying to make it right, and are listening to us, rather than ignoring issues. Give Ant a chance to step up to the plate and turn things around.
Good point Darkhumor ! I just needed to vent.. Ant trying.. to correct things . He doing a great job getting older statues to us faster. It probably at a cost of paying the factories extra.

The money has to come from some where. He also opening up a new warehouse in NC. It would cost extra to move inventory from Cali to NC. This might be more efficient to catch up on things to give it someone in Cali like SS to sell. Ants a Good Guy . He has a his reason. I hope he doesn't have to do this again after he completes his move to NC.

Ant does try and he listens! He also has a pre-order for Raiden at a very fair price if paid in full. He trying to keep prices down. Edit : It was bad timing during a PCS preorder.. The hard work the artists/PCS Team put in the Raiden Statue should be the focus today.!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote