Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #1131
Vracula
Jedi Order

Just visited their site for fun again, Lord their stuff looks so bad,Why would you order that???????Dollar store paint jobs.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #1132
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Just visited their site for fun again, Lord their stuff looks so bad,Why would you order that???????Dollar store paint jobs.
I was saying that since day 1 when I wasn't even a collector. Their stuff used to be advertised on tym. All I could think and tell people was how bad those things looked LOL
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 AM   #1133
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well as unfortunate as it may be. i believe BBTS has the rights to sell their products that they rightfully paid for. and in which it looks like they finally received some of their order after all these years..
as much as i dont like that they are selling them there really isn't anything that can be done. after all. Scamco did have the license when BBTS bought them. so these statues should still be under license even though WB revoked renewing Scamco a new one. im just speculating here.
The fact is that Syco shouldnt have produced these as they had no license to make them since March last year. These products have been made recently so they are unlicensed.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #1134
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

but how do we know for a fact that these were made recently? we dont. after all we have seen production photos stemming from last year and beyond that of their statues at the factories. i was under the impression that scamco was having trouble paying the factories for the produced product which was sitting in the factories -----houses all these years. thats why they were not receiving their shipments to deliver to their customers because they owed money to the factories.. if that is the case. and these statues that have been shipped out to BBTS and others. then that would mean that they were made under the license agreement that scamco had with WB. now, unless of course there was a time line or dead line scamco had to meet to have the statues produced and delivered to their customers by in order for the license to be upheld. then that would make these statues unlicensed.
its juts hard not knowing for a fact so all we can do is speculate.
one would think though if they didn't meet the deadline (if there was one, which more than likely there was i would think) then the statues would be unlicensed. only way to find that out would be to contact WB and ask them.
so maybe Eric and Charles could contact them and see if these statues are licensed even though it took scamco years to get them delivered. but then you would need to know when the statues were made. and that i doubt we could find out fro that would mean scamco would have to give that information up and you you cant believe anything they will say.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #1135
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Well there would be a 3 month sale through period so if his license finished in March 2013, he could only sell til June 2013.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #1136
DynamicMenace

i see. well, then if thats the case why would BBTS be able to sell them then? or i should say why would WB let BBTS or any other retailer sell them that are here in the USA? after all when a license holder has a license they have to pay percentage fees for every one sold right? and in which DJM more than likely isn't forwarding those payments to WB for the sales hes made right? but then again hes selling to the US when he isn't supposed to. or is that up to the retailer to make those percentage payments to WB? but i wouldnt think so for they are merely a customer. and not the license holder.
so if that is the case than that means BBTS are selling unlicensed statues then right?

i would think if the statues were actually unlicensed WB would be doing something about it. especially if they arent getting their money fro the percentage fees that are owed to them with each statue that is sold.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:00 AM   #1137
Gannon
Sailor Moon

100% the licensor aka Scamco must pay royalties, not BBTS. BBTS is 100% selling unlicensed items for 2 very clear reasons. 1 - Scamco doesnt have a US license (when they did have the license) and 2 - these were made availalbe after their license expired (as seen by the fact that BBTS just received them).

Anyone know Joel so they can ask him why he's selling unlicensed items?
Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #1138
DynamicMenace

right, thats what i thought.
but why isn't WB doing anything about it then if they are unlicensed?
a C&D order should be coming to BBTS and all other retailers who are selling them shouldn't it?

just seems odd that BBTS and other American retailers are able to sell these pieces if they are unlicensed.
thats why i asking if they are in fact unlicensed for i think if they were WB would put a stop to all the sales.

i dont think Joel cares. he just wants to recoup his money he has invested in them. and if that means hell sell unlicensed statues then thats what hes going to do.
he and the other retailers (not all) didn't seem to care when a bunch of us tried to warn them about scamco and the statues being unlicensed due to scamco loosing their license.
he and the others (not all) kept them POs right up on his site..
what makes you think he and the others who didn't listen would even listen to anyone now?. unless WB sens him a C&D order.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #1139
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

DM, I honestly don't think NRS or WB give a damn either.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #1140
DynamicMenace

it sure is looking that way isn't it?