Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 05-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
Whisper
Doh!

Statue Collecting - The ABCs

Hello,
I'm fairly new in statue collecting and I'm looking to learn more. It's one of the reasons I joined this forum.

Some of the questions I have is how do you find out who out there is producing statues and what statues they are producing? I see I can find out some of those questions here, but are there others out there that aren't covered here?

How do you know when a new line is coming out? For example, DC Collectibles is starting a new line designed by Stanley Lau. The only way I knew that was because I accidently ran across it on Amazon as I was browsing statues just to see what was out there.

What are the current trends?

Frankly, I am so new at statue collecting I didn't even know what the scales were until I looked it up on wiki.

Is there a book? Trade magazine? Pod Cast? that I can buy/scribe to learn more on the ends and outs of collecting.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This forum should have everything you need. Scour the sections you are interested in. Trends vary and scale is the size you are trying to display. Ebay is a good source as well. More specifics would help.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
xforce
Hydra

One simple rule. Collect what you like. I prefer Bowen statues since they are 1/6 easy to display and easy on the wallet and are the perfect comic book interpretations of that characters I read. But thats me someone may like the movie versions only. A lot of people like 1/4 size they say more detail. Tons to learn on this site
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

You probably have already learned what you needed to know by now since you posted this in May. However, I agree with Veechio1 and that you can pretty much find all of the information you need form this forum.

I also recommend looking at several Youtube reviews on a statue before you purchase ( if not Pre-ordered). Allot of these guys break down every little detail and can help you identify if this is a great statue or just one that you personally can pass on.
Also, buy some make up Brushes and dust your statues with those. Most of them are extremely soft and can easily get in the small cracks and areas where dust may build up.

Further more learn how to play the Market. The statue game can be a really good hobby when you are trying to trade or sell to get other pieces you want. Don't fall for the hottest new thing unless YOU really want that in your collection. For example, If a statue happens to shoot up in value ( Sideshow Bane) then hey you lucked out. But definitely don't pay out your booty for a character that you only half like, because it may back fire on you when the value drops.
Also, take your time. Allot of statues rarely sell out within the first week unless it is really limited or a really popular character.

Enjoy man!
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Spend hours going through this forum.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote