Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 11:55 PM   #11
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

^How do this negate my point? Just because they made one character or that's all you came up with or ten characters, clearly doesnt stop them from race bending for political reasons so what was your point? Youre only proving mine.
My point is leave the established ones as they are, 70s 80s 90s theres no difference to the point. And Ill continue to call BS on race/gender bending until Ive burned myself out over it.

Im not going to continue this debate with you as you only want to skim the surface.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 AM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
^How do this negate my point? Just because they made one character or that's all you came up with or ten characters, clearly doesnt stop them from race bending for political reasons so what was your point? Youre only proving mine.
My point is leave the established ones as they are, 70s 80s 90s theres no difference to the point. And Ill continue to call BS on race/gender bending until Ive burned myself out over it.

Im not going to continue this debate with you as you only want to skim the surface.
Your point blows, because you're basically saying that "white" characters are nothing unless they remain white. I mean, really, that's all Black Canary is, a white girl?
Old 08-12-2018, 12:39 AM   #13
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

They should make this into a show then. If it’s original and good, I’d watch it.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:26 AM   #14
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

hey kids, let's leave the insults out of here.

2nd, when they are saying biracial, she could be a cross of any of White, Black/African American, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Asian or Hawaiian/Pacific Islander. I think most people think of biracial as a child being born from - for example - a white person and an african american person. However, even though Black Canary was established as being a white woman, it is quite possible that she could be of a mixed race.

Also, the actress who portrays Black Canary is part Dominican, African and Chinese.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #15
BabySweat
Kindly Asked To Leave

Too much SJW nonsense in comics these day. Perfect good characters and storylines as getting utterly ruined.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #16
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm not a fan of changing a characters race, sex or sexual preference... Probably because I spent many years reading about them a certain way. I feel if you want to bring in minority and/or gay characters they should create new ones

That said I do get why they do it, right now Comic Book base movies/shows are the big money makers in Hollywood, the problem is 90% of the characters are all white heterosexuals, mostly because back when they were created (40'-50's) minority characters wouldn't of sold many comics due to the times back then... So that makes it pretty much impossible for any minority actor to be a part of these movies if they stick with the origins of the comics.. Plus studios want to look more PC to bring in a wider audience...

It does seem they are limiting the changes to second and third tier characters... So far they haven't changed any of the main characters.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #17
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

You have posted this repeatedly across several threads, yet you never reference the fact that...DC has done this repeatedly across the decades. It's as if your awareness of comic book characters is stuck in the 1970s. Just one example: earlier this year, a black heroine got her own title. (It's pretty damn good, too, better than some of the "big" titles.)

She is Polynesian. It is a cool concept and a good book. I really hope they redesign her costume, it is very boring to me.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #18
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well I’m sick and tired of seeing well established characters changed just to sute some political agenda. Leave them as is and make new interesting characters, it’s lazy and insulting to me. Jimmy Olsen for example has been a short freckled red headed kid for like 40+ years. Now on Supergirl he’s a 6”2 Africian American line backer for the NFL! Now I don’t care what race, creed or nationality you put in there to sute your stupid agenda but unless it’s a short freckled red headed kid it’s not Jimmy Olsen, it’s identy theft! The fastes growing crime in America and apparently comic book characters are not immune either!
Old 08-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #19
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

locking this one since it is devolving into madness thanks to gothamite and jpuli28.
Closed Thread