U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
why don't you buy Sideshow Gift Cards?
^^ This
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #412
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Unfortunately, most of the money I spend on statues comes from a trust my father set up for me. And the way its set up is so frustratingly stupid. Any money left in the account at the end of the month is a total wash. For example, if I leave $100 in the account at the end of the month, they will deposit $100 less at the beginning of the next month. Basically it makes it so if you don't spend it all, you wind up losing any money you had left in the account at the end of the month.

Its so f'ed. I have contacted the trust company on multiple occassions asking if there was any way to change the terms and its a big fat NO. This was the way my father wanted it set up. The big question is why? One last joke on his son on his way to the afterlife? That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.
Use trust money for bills and save money used for bills to pay for statues later?
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #413
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

No offense, I understand your frustration, but any complaint about buying 8-9 statues is a silly complaint. Just think of poor MrJones who has to scratch and save for one statue. And STILL has that conversation with his wife lol!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #414
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Use trust money for bills and save money used for bills to pay for statues later?
No. its much easier to pay bills out of my main checking account as soon as I get them. I pay most of them online on the day I get them. It takes like 30 seconds and i'm done. That way is much faster and FAR more convenient. And since collecting was HUGELY important to both my father and myself, I choose to use the trust to pay for some of my collecting hobbies as I think that is what he would have preffered. My wife believes that he set up the trust in the manner that he did so I would do just that. I'm not 100% sold on that idea, but it is possible and I do admit that I like the way that sounds. Either way, using my trust to pay bills would only complicate the whole thing. Its much easier to pay off my bills with my own money and then use the trust for some of my hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
No offense, I understand your frustration, but any complaint about buying 8-9 statues is a silly complaint. Just think of poor MrJones who has to scratch and save for one statue. And STILL has that conversation with his wife lol!
This makes absolutey zero sense to me. In total, I actually have 15 Sideshow statues on pre order at the presnt time. I was down to 13 but I just purchased Huntress and Black Cat so I am back up to 15 again. Why does the fact that I have a lot of statues on pre order automatically make any complaints regading those statues silly? Now if I was coming in here and complaining that I didn't have enough money to pay my bills or put enough food on my table, while having 15 statues pre ordered at Sideshow....well, that would definitely be silly and ridculous and very irresponisible. Of course that isn't the case.

Going by this mindset, you lose the ability to complain about anything regarding the statues your buying if your buying a lot of them, less you seem silly. If I only had 1 statue on pre order then I have the right to complain without it being silly, but if you have 8 or 10 or 15 statues on pre order, your complaints automatically become silly. Again, this mindset just makes absolutely zero sense to mel. And for the record. I wasn't complaining about buying 8-9 statues. I was complaining about the fact that these delays have thrown my Flex Pay Payent schedules into chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Quitter! You quit after 11 months of PO's. Come on OC...just another month and you will have gotten through 2016...lol.

I can't hear you!!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #415
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Can't you just write yourself a check out of your trust at the end of each month to claim the remaining funds?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:53 AM   #416
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Damn you don't have to get salty about it. I was just making a joke that you're complaining about your 9 statues coming in at once. To me, that's like complaining that 1 of your 6 cars broke down. It's a valid complaint, but all things considered, it's not a bad spot to be in.

Anyways... How about an update on Thanos on Throne opposed to a discussion on trust funds (which is another problem I would love to have).
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #417
Demona
Martian Manhunter

To get back on the Thanos track, and our of my morbid curiosity -- How much are people willing to pay for what is sure to be a monstrous sized statue?

Groot is a cool $600. Let alone needing his lil buddy Rocket which makes the couple almost $900. By the time this drops, I can see SS asking for $750-$800 easily. Are people willing to pay that? And assume NO FREE SHIPPING when answering
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #418
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Can't you just write yourself a check out of your trust at the end of each month to claim the remaining funds?
Nope. I don't even have the ability to write checks from my trust. I get access to my money via an Amex Credit Card (they can also use a Visa CC as well if I want to change). And no, I cannot do cash withdrawls from the card itself either. If I want cold hard cash, I either need to go see my trustee or send him a letter explaining why I need the cash. And giving him the reason that a bunch of statues got delayed so I want to be able to use the money I have left this month a couple months down the road just wouldn't fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Damn you don't have to get salty about it. I was just making a joke that you're complaining about your 9 statues coming in at once. To me, that's like complaining that 1 of your 6 cars broke down. It's a valid complaint, but all things considered, it's not a bad spot to be in.

Anyways... How about an update on Thanos on Throne opposed to a discussion on trust funds (which is another problem I would love to have).
I wasn't the least bit salty. I was merely stating that what you were saying just didn't make any sense to me. My apologies if you felt otherwise as no offence was intented whatsoever.

Enough on the whole trust issue as this derail is now going on 2 pages. Getting back to Thanos.....IMO Thanos is just one of those characters that are just a must have in any collection. I am sincerely hoping Sideshow knocks this one out of the park. Can't wait to see some final pictures. Do we have any idea when we might see some of the final pics drop?
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #419
Barbarian
Jedi Order

The trustafarian blues.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #420
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
The trustafarian blues.
Rough stuff.

As for Thanos just a peek that's all I'm asking.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote