Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #11
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
If the point is nostalgia then why don't they look more like the original action figures they're supposed to be emulating? They would have been better off just making an '80s-themed line of ArtFX+ statues.
Nostalgia can often make something in your mind look better than you remember it. I honestly could not have told you these didn't look like the figures I had when I was a kid until I went and looked them up. I can see why they didn't make them look like they originally looked.

So, it's really coming down to the color scheme, fake articulation, and the box art.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #12
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
If the point is nostalgia then why don't they look more like the original action figures they're supposed to be emulating? They would have been better off just making an '80s-themed line of ArtFX+ statues.
I didn't design them, so you'll have to ask them.

They look close enough to tickle my nostalgia bone. If you guys don't like them or don't want them, no problem...don't buy them. I like them so I'm buying them.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:31 AM   #13
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Very little sculpt detail, very basic paints, very expensive for what they are IN MY OPINION.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:29 PM   #14
Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walls View Post
Very little sculpt detail, very basic paints, very expensive for what they are IN MY OPINION.
Thanks, I always appreciate it when somebody shares their own opinion and not the opinion of some random stranger!
Old 06-25-2015, 12:13 AM   #15
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Thanks, I always appreciate it when somebody shares their own opinion and not the opinion of some random stranger!
Dude seriously what is your problem? Sorry I'm not getting all nostalgic about something that looks cheap and has a retail price of $30.
You like them and you said you did, I did not come at you personally for it so why come at me when I give my opinion?
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #16
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You make one point about why something doesn't appeal to you...ok.

You make 3+ points on why you dislike something...kinda pointless, no?

These are simple, classic inspired figures with great looking packaging. I can spend $30 in much worse ways than on a nostalgia inspired figure. These will look great when I tack them to my office wall
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #17
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
I didn't design them, so you'll have to ask them.

They look close enough to tickle my nostalgia bone. If you guys don't like them or don't want them, no problem...don't buy them. I like them so I'm buying them.
Well said.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #18
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
You make one point about why something doesn't appeal to you...ok.

You make 3+ points on why you dislike something...kinda pointless, no?

These are simple, classic inspired figures with great looking packaging. I can spend $30 in much worse ways than on a nostalgia inspired figure. These will look great when I tack them to my office wall
I agree.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #19
kaza5555
New Republic

I had very few of these figures back in the 1980s when not everyone was making superhero action figures. Probably the earliest sign I had an interest in this collecting hobby. Today's action figures are much more elaborate, meticulous, and sophisticated. None of that is going to change my interest in getting into this line and collect every single one for nostalgic reasons. Best about this line is the price considering how much statues are these days.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:23 PM   #20
Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walls View Post
Dude seriously what is your problem? Sorry I'm not getting all nostalgic about something that looks cheap and has a retail price of $30.
You like them and you said you did, I did not come at you personally for it so why come at me when I give my opinion?
You've already stated you don't like these. I understand that they aren't for you. What I don't understand is the need you seem to have to keep returning to a thread about something you're not interested in just to take a crap. Seems to me that YOU are the one with the problem, not me.