Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #7521
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
This statement is wildly inaccurate.

I've purchased multiple four figure pieces of art and it's never, ever been shipped rolled. It's always flat and I wouldn't expect anything else.
These are art "prints" not one of a kind original pieces. These have edition sizes and are produced in numbers. Generally speaking art "prints" are going to come in a tube.

If you are buying original one of a kind pieces then yes they are probably shipped differently but I can't speak on that. I have only purchased art "prints" from artists, dealers and online storefronts. All my pieces (over 100 now) have come in tubes unless they were framed.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #7522
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I buy art prints all the time from a few specific eBay sellers that know how to package prints, and they ALWAYS package them flat. Granted, those prints are generally 13x19 or smaller.

I've also purchased Aspen prints, J. Scott Campbell prints, etc. that have (in the past) properly been shipped flat. Companies do it both ways and both ways are viable if done properly. Both methods can deliver perfect art prints, and both methods can deliver you a crushed, ruined print.

I've had morons ship prints rolled in super thin, cheap tubes that have the strength equivalent of a thin wrapping paper tube.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #7523
MPCanes
The X-Men

I buy from all of the major print shops that do larger prints (mondo, g1988, bottleneck gallery) and they always ship rolled. These are usually 24x36 prints; shipping them flat isn't really viable for the price point (prints usually run 50-75 bucks), and you will run the risk of major damage shipping something that big flat without a major cost increase to protect them.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #7524
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
I buy from all of the major print shops that do larger prints (mondo, g1988, bottleneck gallery) and they always ship rolled. These are usually 24x36 prints; shipping them flat isn't really viable for the price point (prints usually run 50-75 bucks), and you will run the risk of major damage shipping something that big flat without a major cost increase to protect them.
^^ This

I've had the same experience. I have ~30 prints (yes, I know, it's a problem lol), and unless it's something small (11x13 or similar), metal, or wood.. it's always rolled.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #7525
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

If you're looking for a great Catwoman print, I would suggest this over what SS is offering...

https://www.thecollectionshop.com/xq...x/Fine-Art.htm

It's still available from a few online art dealers.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #7526
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
If you're looking for a great Catwoman print, I would suggest this over what SS is offering...

https://www.thecollectionshop.com/xq...x/Fine-Art.htm

It's still available from a few online art dealers.
Always loved this one. I see they have my favorite Supergirl too. Is this a reputable retailer? Have you experience with them?
Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #7527
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Always loved this one. I see they have my favorite Supergirl too. Is this a reputable retailer? Have you experience with them?
I haven't purchased from them, but you can pay through PayPal/Amazon, so you're covered.

If you do a search for "Catwoman Adam Hughes Giclee", you'll see the same one available at 2-3 other retailers. http://www.heroicfineartgallery.com is another, and I have purchased from them before. They have some really beautiful pieces from popular comic artists. All 100% authentic, numbered, signed, etc.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #7528
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
I haven't purchased from them, but you can pay through PayPal/Amazon, so you're covered.

If you do a search for "Catwoman Adam Hughes Giclee", you'll see the same one available at 2-3 other retailers. http://www.heroicfineartgallery.com is another, and I have purchased from them before. They have some really beautiful pieces from popular comic artists. All 100% authentic, numbered, signed, etc.
Nice. I love the Jim Lee Batman Knighwatch print, but sadly they only had it in canvas.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #7529
chrismhk
Luke Cage

chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #7530
BurningRage
Inhumans

Wasn’t that released by Mondo before?

Last edited by FROBAY; 11-08-2018 at 07:21 AM.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote