Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #191
Mister H
Green Goblin

Thor is too much of a powerhouse in the comics for Disney’s way of doing things. They needed to downplay his power level and make him a goofball. Same way with Hulk. Can’t have those two being the most powerful characters. IMO, Thor has never made an appearance in the MCU.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #192
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Great looking statue. Usual XM high standards.
All my knowledge when it comes to Thor originates from the 3 movies. From what i recall, the comic books as with the XM piece, depict Thor has a serious type. Why is it, the movies depicted Thor as a character who joked like Deadpool, without Deadpool's R rated level of humor?
I think Thor is just a pretty boring character if we're being honest (his comics have never been that popular). The first two Thor movies are considered to be maybe the worst solo movies of all the MCU heroes, and I think they found their niche in Ragnarok. Big Thor fans might not like it, but it was the most successful of the three movies and catapulted him into Infinity War. Wonder Woman has the same problem IMO.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #193
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I think Thor is just a pretty boring character if we're being honest (his comics have never been that popular). The first two Thor movies are considered to be maybe the worst solo movies of all the MCU heroes, and I think they found their niche in Ragnarok. Big Thor fans might not like it, but it was the most successful of the three movies and catapulted him into Infinity War. Wonder Woman has the same problem IMO.
Ragnarok sucked IMO. It was a lame attempt at being a comedy.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #194
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Bingo!
Old 01-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #195
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Thor is too much of a powerhouse in the comics for Disney’s way of doing things. They needed to downplay his power level and make him a goofball. Same way with Hulk. Can’t have those two being the most powerful characters. IMO, Thor has never made an appearance in the MCU.
IMO, the closest thing we've seen to a comic Thor in the MCU is when Thor arrived in Wakanda during Infinity War. He was very powerful and serious/driven to defeat Thanos.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:32 PM   #196
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
IMO, the closest thing we've seen to a comic Thor in the MCU is when Thor arrived in Wakanda during Infinity War. He was very powerful and serious/driven to defeat Thanos.
Agreed. Even then though he was more like the regular comic Thor than the Odinforce Thor.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:46 PM   #197
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
It did come across like one long line of Jokes. They appeared to chuck tons more cash at Ragnarok compared to the first two movies. Given how dull Thor 2 was, Ragnarok defults to being the better movie. The 1st Thor movie was ok'ish once Thor landed on Earth.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:54 PM   #198
Mepaphoros

Quote:
I'm partial to the Planet Hulk story (and Hela was wonderfully done) and enjoyed it. And I know heavy comic guys didn't like it, but it's still easily the best of the three Thor movies.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:32 PM   #199
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I'm partial to the Planet Hulk story (and Hela was wonderfully done) and enjoyed it. And I know heavy comic guys didn't like it, but it's still easily the best of the three Thor movies.
What are your thoughts on how Hulk was handled in the MCU?
Old 01-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #200
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
What are your thoughts on how Hulk was handled in the MCU?
I thought it was great until Infinity War. The writers wanted Hulk to tire of doing what Banner wanted, but instead they made it look like Hulk was afraid to fight which is against the character. I was cool with Professor Hulk, but there wasn't enough of the transformation on screen. The big three all had huge story conclusions in Endgame and Hulk was basically forgotten for some reason...even Black Widow/Hawkeye had more development in Endgame.