Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Sideshow DC and Marvel Premium Format Preorder Drought

It feels like we haven't had a Sideshow DC or Marvel Premium Format or Maquette preorder in a while so I checked and the last for both appear to be

DC = Batman Who Laughs on 1/7/21
Marvel = the Leaping/Lunging Wolverine on 1/8/21

Note, if I am incorrect please let me know but if I'm right, it is almost two months(!) since a preorder (I think there was a Harley life size bust since these dates but again, I am mainly referring to Premium Format and Maquette pieces).

it is a little frustrating that we aren't seeing any new items from them when other companies seem to be putting up preorders left and right (ironically, a lot put up through Sideshow themselves). Also, with SSC having the license, the lack of new preorders is even more apparent (it is not like another U.S. company can just make a 1/4 comic Penguin for example).

I wonder why they aren't showing more. The easy answer is probably the pandemic BUT again, other companies seem to be navigating through the pandemic so...
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Sideshow seems to be navigating away from “statues” to cheaper kinds of pop culture collectibles - from action figures to backpacks and everything in between.
bdlovelace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:56 PM   #3
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Sideshow seems to be navigating away from “statues” to cheaper kinds of pop culture collectibles - from action figures to backpacks and everything in between.
That wouldn't bother me if they relinquish 1:4 license dominance in DC and Marvel for NA. Let Prime 1, XM, Queen, etc. do it without the extra hurdles.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:02 PM   #4
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That wouldn't bother me if they relinquish 1:4 license dominance in DC and Marvel for NA. Let Prime 1, XM, Queen, etc. do it without the extra hurdles.
bdlovelace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:26 PM   #5
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Exactly. But they keep it hostage.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:02 PM   #6
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

As if in the COVID climate any of them would be able to offer anything close to what you all think they would be able to produce.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #7
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Is it really all that abnormal? Isn't this usually the "quiet" time of the year anyway ramping up for SDCC? Factoring in the pandemic stuff, I don't think it's really all that surprising.

I think they're just holding out a bit on new announcements/reveals/etc because of the landscape and they feel like it isn't the optimal time.

It's not really fair to compare them to P1/XM either because those companies will reveal something in January and it MIGHT go up for PO a year later. Whereas Sideshow goes from reveal to PO much quicker historically. Those companies always tend to have a relatively steady flow of PO's because they have such a backlog of statues that they've revealed whereas SS, how many statues do you know about that haven't been put up for PO yet? Storm, Power Girl, Scarlet Witch, and what else? And even those, it's literally been like 2 months. It just feels like longer because you all post about them every freaking day lol. Whereas P1 has 20 statues in it's "Coming Soon" link, and even that isn't all of the things they've revealed. They just do things differently.

Anyway, I don't really think it's all that surprising. Sideshow carries a LOT of stuff beyond what they make to carry them through right now whereas those other companies, they have no choice but to keep going as normal. I imagine they'll have plenty of things to show around July.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:49 PM   #8
SONICobra
Batman

been a while since i ordered a SS marvel piece, dr doom is the only one that i know of that is on my radar and who knows when well see that

i did just order darkseid the other day and BWL whenever that went up so dc is well represented with my current orders
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #9
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

At Least Batman Who Laughs was a new current character from the comics. 12 Days was a complete let down for DC reveals, first time since I started collecting, really disappointing.

I wouldn't doubt they go back to the Trinity for this years's SDCC equivalent.

Really wish they'd license the 1/4 license. Looking forward to XM.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:04 PM   #10
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I’m ok with that if they were to give up the license to distribute in North America.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote