Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-29-2020, 11:30 PM   #1
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Funko Pop - 18" Batman

With Funko introducing 18" Pops, I believe it's fair to say these are getting into statue sized territory. It looks totally awesome and as a major Batman universe fan I decided to order one.

The funko-verse is looking more and more appealing especially without having to wait years for a character or two... or three

(From Raphael cejaman channel)

V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

How these ever became collectable i'll never know....just the design and aesthetic is horrible. I mean really really bad.

Good on Funko though they made a ---- ton of money out people with real bad tastes....lol

I'm not one for bad mouthing what people like but these things are like a plague and i can't wait until they become wiped out.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #3
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
How these ever became collectable i'll never know....just the design and aesthetic is horrible. I mean really really bad.

Good on Funko though they made a ---- ton of money out people with real bad tastes....lol

I'm not one for bad mouthing what people like but these things are like a plague and i can't wait until they become wiped out.
I don't disagree but you have to give them credit - they do a pretty good job of capturing the essence of a character considering the lack of overall details. And from the standpoint of acquiring licenses, there is probably no one better. They are involved with EVERYTHING.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:12 PM   #4
V4XCollect

Quote:

lol! haters gonna hate...

And "the plague" will continue with over $500m in revenue, over 1,100 licenses, and over 13k products for all the collectors and kids who enjoy them who have "bad taste".

Anyone been to the Hollywood store (pre-quarantine)? That place is awesome especially with Harry Potter fans, there is also going to be an 18" Harry Potter in the works...
Old 03-30-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
SONICobra
Batman

i used to scoff at these things myself but some of the newer ones are kind of cool imo. when they first came out it seemed like they were using the same body and head for every character and just making minor tweaks to resemble whoever it was supposed to be

now they are sculpting added details (the hands on clayface for example are really well done), changing poses and the paint is usually pretty clean for a $10 collectible. im not going any farther than these three but i thought they were really good representations of the characters and since i doubt ill ever see large scale statues of them - i figured what the hell?

now this 18" batman? nope, kind of takes away some of the charm of these things imo

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	82544236_1639653736176469_1686960303239765947_n(1).jpg
Views:	262
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	129488  
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #6
V4XCollect

That's the thing about Funko, there's something for everyone... well almost everyone

I'm liking the Batman Animated Series line but so far I've been starting with two lines minus this special 18" Batman:
- Funko Rock Candy
- Funko Pop Ad Icons
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	129490   Click image for larger version

Name:	LC.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	129491   Click image for larger version

Name:	CC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	129492   Click image for larger version

Name:	cheetos-chester-cheetah-pop-vinyl-figure.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	129493  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #7
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

They are cute and everyone likes them. I very much appreciate the fact that they have damn near every genre you can think of to collect. My kids love em! Sure why not?

I have a few here and there - Big Hero 6, the whole team, and thinking about hunting down My Hero Academia...they're ok. Don't be so dramatic. LOL
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:08 PM   #8
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

I 100% agree
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:48 PM   #9
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think that the Funko Pop are kind cool looking. On my desk at work I do have Batgirl and Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd as the "What's Opera, Doc?" cartoon. There are a few more I would like to maybe get (possibly Snoopy, the upcoming Golden Age Green Lantern one) but I do not plan to get a whole collection of them.

This Batman one is a little over the top though.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:06 AM   #10
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Funko Pops are the definition of collectible. The design is perfectly simplistic and the aesthetic is extremely appealing. I mean really appealing. All you have to do is look at how widely these things are appreciated to know that Funko hit a home run with the design.

I saw this Batman at a store and really hope they come out with a classic Hulk.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote