Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-29-2020, 04:22 AM   #111
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

There’s no doubting this is a amazing statue but that price is mad!
With the way things are in the world right now they should be lowering prices not putting them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Statue collecting wisdom: Don’t buy a game / movie statue right after playing/watching... Give it some time for the high to wear off and if you still want it then def get it...
That’s some good advice
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #112
MPCanes
The X-Men

Good advice for sure, but in this instance we aren’t talking about the first game ever in the series - I’ve been a Doom geek since I was 9 so this was a no brainer.

Most amazing thing is eternal didn’t just live up to the hype, it completely smashed it.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #113
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Statue collecting wisdom: Don’t buy a game / movie statue right after playing/watching... Give it some time for the high to wear off and if you still want it then def get it...
word!!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:06 AM   #114
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ahhhhh forgive me I pre-ordered!! Im gonna sell two or three statues instead of paying out of pocket before it comes out. I guess I'm part of the problem but I gotta get this!!
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:30 AM   #115
King Grimlock

Pulled the trigger on the Ultimate Version. This is a stand alone piece. Just blown away with this, the detail and look on his armor, helmet is epic, those badass guns and the chainsaw!, skulls throughout, hell themed base with a downed pinky is well done...the presence of this is perfect...and I never really played the game. That's how stunning this is.

What a bloody BEAST. Hell awaits gents.

Bring us a 1/3 or 1/4 Master Chief statue P1, that's all I need after this.
King Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #116
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork463 View Post
Ahhhhh forgive me I pre-ordered!! Im gonna sell two or three statues instead of paying out of pocket before it comes out. I guess I'm part of the problem but I gotta get this!!

You don't have to apologize to anybody. I share the opinion of El Diablo above in that this thing is awesome, but way too expensive. And the advice about waiting generally for several reasons. But if it's something that you know you love and you're willing to pay the high price to get it for then congrats to you. Many people would say the same thing about their Jungle hunter DX, but I felt the same way about that as you do about this. Generally I'd wait for an ES number to be applied, but I ordered early in order to take advantage of the flex payments as it's the one statue I had to have!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #117
clockwork463

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
You don't have to apologize to anybody. I share the opinion of El Diablo above in that this thing is awesome, but way too expensive. And the advice about waiting generally for several reasons. But if it's something that you know you love and you're willing to pay the high price to get it for then congrats to you. Many people would say the same thing about their Jungle hunter DX, but I felt the same way about that as you do about this. Generally I'd wait for an ES number to be applied, but I ordered early in order to take advantage of the flex payments as it's the one statue I had to have!
I was just trying to be funny, I wasn't actually giving an admission of a genuine sense of guilt or something for preordering the statue. I mean Its my money after all, but I would say at a certain point with the way the statue business is going if a good portion of people don't "tap out" these companies will just keep inflating their prices.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:55 PM   #118
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
With so many people losing jobs and work hours, wouldn't the market also shrink? Or at least become more discerning? Funko Pops, Marvel Legends, and other cheap collectibles may come out ok, but I don't see as many people being able to justify $1500 statues for the next year or two. Kind of a tricky time to experiment with an even higher tag.

Yes, the recession will cause people to spend less money on things they don't really need. But than again, when you actually doing these kind of collection, you do not really care much about the pricing.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:39 AM   #119
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm jealous for those who've pulled the trigger. I'm going to wait for a little bit for the time being. I want to see if I can get some of my finances in order. I feel the option for this piece will still be there.

What's funny is I'm pretty sure if I got this piece I would only display it with the shotgun or sword and so Ultimate edition for 2k is an option. It just bothers me to not have the BFG in there, but it's quite a little bit of a hike in money to get it. I will admit the chainsaw looks good as my 3rd favorite switch out weapon.

I do feel if this whole package for all the switch outs was $1800, I probably would have already buckled. I always have had this strong love for the DOOM series and have always viewed it as like the father of video gaming. It's great to see this new DOOM trilogy back in the spotlight while also bringing old school type gaming ideas back as well. It's a statue that's very iconic and symbolic of gaming.

What do guys think the after prices of this piece will be? I haven't tracked after market prices of prime 1 pieces that much. I remember like 2 years ago a number of the Batman arkham line seemed to hold their value or slightly go down. Do prime 1 prices sky rocket down the road?
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #120
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^I'm not sure how some of these pieces aftermarket prices can increase considering how much they are...perhaps if they're very low ES and come out incredible(I know P1 is one of the best but they've had some issues lately) there's a chance. Might be best to wait for a sale or aftermarket on most statues these days imo
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote