Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-13-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
Peedi
The Secret Six

2020 Delays

A number of statues are getting delays. I’m seeing a bunch of “random” thread bumps essentially all about the same thing: several months worth of delays.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's obviously due to Coronavirus; who knows how much it will end up impacting it. There are clearly more important things to get settled/under control than statues of comic book characters right now over there. I don't think it really needs its own thread, but whatever. This hobby is primarily about waiting anyway.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It's obviously due to Coronavirus; who knows how much it will end up impacting it. There are clearly more important things to get settled/under control than statues of comic book characters right now over there. I don't think it really needs its own thread, but whatever. This hobby is primarily about waiting anyway.
True. Delays will impact individual statues differently anyhow, so might as well discuss them in those forums.

I don't know that it hurts to have a place to discuss the overall impact though.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #4
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yes I agree, nothing wrong with discussing it, hopefully a few months delay on everything will help me save money, since there are so many things I want
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #5
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
True. Delays will impact individual statues differently anyhow, so might as well discuss them in those forums.

I don't know that it hurts to have a place to discuss the overall impact though.
Bump every individual statue thread that’s affected then, I don’t care. But for those that want to discuss, they will however they want to, you have options.

This hobby isn’t primarily about waiting, it’s about enjoying the statues, waiting is just an affect of the production process.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I didn't realize how serious the Coronavirus was until recently. It's actually kind of frightening considering how many goods travel across the globe from China.

If things get worse, I suspect Sideshow will push backs on new announcements as well.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

not to be callous but the delays have allowed me to back out of a preorder i was hoping to cancel and reorder to save on shipping. i ordered it before P1 shipping prices tripled im hoping one more gets delayed so i can do the same

all selfish wants aside i really hope they can get a handle on the virus and peoples lives can return to normal over there. i get my silly comic statues when i get them, thoughts and prayers are with the families of china
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:41 PM   #8
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
I didn't realize how serious the Coronavirus was until recently.
I read that in the 2017/2018 season, 25,000 people in Germany died of flu.
Did anyone notice that?
Did you hear from someone who sent his Mercedes or Porsche back to Germany because the flu was in Germany?
But if someone in Germany falls ill with Corona, a mass panic breaks out.
Ja, it is serious and I think we should be careful but don't panic.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:08 PM   #9
aa909
The Green Hornet

Even though I’m annoyed by these delays I have to remind myself these are First world problems...
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:19 PM   #10
nearmint
Phoenix

Colossus is now May-August.
Dejah Thoris is now July-October.
Mr. Freeze is now August-November.
Gambit is now July-October.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote