Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Choose which She-Hulk Entry you like most!
Entry #1 11 10.58%
Entry #4 2 1.92%
Entry #5 1 0.96%
Entry #6 1 0.96%
Entry #9 0 0%
Entry #10 0 0%
Entry #11 9 8.65%
Entry #12 1 0.96%
Entry #14 4 3.85%
Entry #17 2 1.92%
Entry #18 6 5.77%
Entry #20 22 21.15%
Entry #23 45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #111
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

How about adding a knot to the tank turret she is holding ?

I prefer She-Hulk when she is depicted doing absurd, almost comedic displays of strength, i think an alternate head with a cheeky smirk on her face would look great as well, we already have the serious looking PF.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #112
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i see what youre saying and kind of agree but its the cannon barrel of a tank, so it cant be much smaller than that. I think it will all come together and look even better once its painted. nice work guys, I for one love the base - its like she just landed on the tank and ripped the barrel off. I love pieces that tell a story
Ohhhhh! it is a cannon barrel?!?! that is awesome. I just assumed it was supposed to be a light pole or some kind of exhaust. That is cool. I can see it now. Hopefully it becomes a bit more obvious through the wip. I didn't see that it was a tank. BUT I am also coming in on this late. The concept/sketch must have had the tank.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #113
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think that once we see the finished tank base, the piece is going to look much more impressive.

BTW, I know this is still in early stage, but there are two things I noticed and don't seem right.

1. The way her right calf connects on the back of the knee. The muscle seems to suddenly dive right into the knee and the separation between calf and quad is too sudden.
2. Her left quad seems unnaturally long and plain, it needs more muscle definition.

Pic for reference:

The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #114
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I really like the pose. I prefer her not to be over the top. I do like the idea of a sexier alt head sculpt and maybe the swap-out arm holding the tank barrel could hold the justice scales.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #115
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

The tank cannon barrel would look better if it was more damage from her tearing it off.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #116
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I really like the pose. I prefer her not to be over the top. I do like the idea of a sexier alt head sculpt and maybe the swap-out arm holding the tank barrel could hold the justice scales.
but why would she have the justice scales while attacking a tank...?

this will display great with ms. marvel btw - a couple chicks tearing up a tank, awesome
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #117
gomur
The Tick

I love everything about this statue already. The hair. The muscles. The leotard. The shoes. If there are any refinements made, I hope it doesn't deviate too far from what we're seeing.

Switch-out scales of justice? It just wouldn't work here as SONICobra said. Maybe if she were standing at the steps of a courthouse. Now a playful winking/smiling alternate portrait and left "biceps pose" switch-out arm? That I can see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
The tank cannon barrel would look better if it was more damage from her tearing it off.
It does look very clean. Maybe the cannon can be damaged where She-Hulk is holding it. Like her hand is squeezing into the metal. Maybe a second hand-print along the barrel to indicate that she used both hands to tear it off?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #118
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Pretty sure there will be a squeeze point mark where she's holding it, other points where the barrel is pinched off would be a nice addition also to show more battle damage of the cannon. A swap out smiling/smirking portrait with the "C'mon" switch out left arm and flexing arm would go nicely too.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #119
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
but why would she have the justice scales while attacking a tank...?

this will display great with ms. marvel btw - a couple chicks tearing up a tank, awesome
Not on a tank but a simpler base if it was an option. I'm quite well aware of how it would not work on a tank. That's part of the duality of the character powerhouse/lawyer.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #120
Victor_Creed
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I think that once we see the finished tank base, the piece is going to look much more impressive.

BTW, I know this is still in early stage, but there are two things I noticed and don't seem right.

1. The way her right calf connects on the back of the knee. The muscle seems to suddenly dive right into the knee and the separation between calf and quad is too sudden.
2. Her left quad seems unnaturally long and plain, it needs more muscle definition.

Pic for reference:

I know what you mean, but why so quick to judge on a very rough 3d model.
Victor_Creed is offline   Reply With Quote