Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #711
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Hulk XM, at least for me, is the best Hulk piece ever made. Since I saw it on video, my first time, I started surfing the net in search of any other Hulk, licensed or custom, that could compete with this monster created by XM.

At the end of my vast research (which lasts until today), going through the latest model from Iron Studios, respecting the SS original, I selected the custom based on Mike Deodato's art as the second most impressive that my eyes have ever seen. He has absurdly defined muscles (some nonexistent); he has more exposed veins than a thousand-year-old tree, and his musculature is so exaggerated that it has reached the peak of deformation. He's as giant, bestial, intimidating and scary as the Hulk should be. However, this Hulk is wonderful from two or four angles; when viewed in profile or from above, it is unable to maintain the same standard of excellence as frontal displays. But, of course, not because of the sculptor's demerit, he's just being faithful to Mike's art.

Hulk XM is perfect from any angle of exposure; front, profile, seen from above, from below; each new angle is a new discovery, and Dr. Robert Bruce Banner is a luxury bonus. Whoever disagrees, just remove it.

But I will not do that.

That scene is historic, and has now been immortalized in one of the most spectacular pieces ever made for the world of collecting.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:34 PM   #712
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Hulk XM, at least for me, is the best Hulk piece ever made. Since I saw it on video, my first time, I started surfing the net in search of any other Hulk, licensed or custom, that could compete with this monster created by XM.

At the end of my vast research (which lasts until today), going through the latest model from Iron Studios, respecting the SS original, I selected the custom based on Mike Deodato's art as the second most impressive that my eyes have ever seen. He has absurdly defined muscles (some nonexistent); he has more exposed veins than a thousand-year-old tree, and his musculature is so exaggerated that it has reached the peak of deformation. He's as giant, bestial, intimidating and scary as the Hulk should be. However, this Hulk is wonderful from two or four angles; when viewed in profile or from above, it is unable to maintain the same standard of excellence as frontal displays. But, of course, not because of the sculptor's demerit, he's just being faithful to Mike's art.

Hulk XM is perfect from any angle of exposure; front, profile, seen from above, from below; each new angle is a new discovery, and Dr. Robert Bruce Banner is a luxury bonus. Whoever disagrees, just remove it.

But I will not do that.

That scene is historic, and has now been immortalized in one of the most spectacular pieces ever made for the world of collecting.
After reading this, I want to order one.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:41 AM   #713
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

You just know this is good by looking at it . I’m trying to wrap my head around how big it is . I haven’t seen pictures of it side by side with another 1/4 figure or a real person . I’m very curious on how it will look beside my XM Hulkbuster as that’s how I’m displaying these exclusives.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #714
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It looks like something that others want to have after they see it. Or they are thankful for seeing it. And you can be proud to have it. I think thats what makes a real collectible.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:52 PM   #715
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
You just know this is good by looking at it . I’m trying to wrap my head around how big it is . I haven’t seen pictures of it side by side with another 1/4 figure or a real person . I’m very curious on how it will look beside my XM Hulkbuster as that’s how I’m displaying these exclusives.
I sort of wish there were some precise measurements somewhere. I don't think I've seen any (especially just the Hulk and just the Banner as standalone pieces). I don't think I have the room (which is why I haven't ordered it) but maybe if I saw some measurements I could check to verify my assumption.

I still need a 1/4 Hulk. I have the other 5 original movie Avengers in 1/4 scale.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #716
4renzy
Fantastic Four

My same sentiments. I need the precise measurements as well. Probably more worried about the shipping fees on this one though.
4renzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #717
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s odd they don’t give us those . They must know that by now . Shipping will be 4-600.00 easy
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #718
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Measures: 72cm tall, 63cm wide, 59 depp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	39b7216b-3a46-4992-9370-bf48431a7ad4.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	128181  
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #719
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks for the picture omg it looks so massiv and indescribably good!
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #720
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Measures: 72cm tall, 63cm wide, 59 depp.
Thanks! Now it would be good to get the depth with no Banner. I have a shelf that is around 17 inches in depth but my guess is that Hulk alone is still too big. 59cm = 23.3 inches so if Banner's width is around 7 inches, it may work (and I MAY be interested in ordering).