Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #501
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Flash, sure, Nightwing, probably, Shazam...eh He's not exactly top tier to even comic fans.

I'm surprised they even did Swampthing, it's not like he's all that popular either.

If you look at comic characters that have a large following and even might have the public eye due to other media. The Flash is the most obvious omission.

As far as Deathstroke goes, I'd bet even money you see him again in a 2-3 years.
Shazam! Is tough because he’s been around for over 70 years and still has a presence today. Nightwing is less popular than Flash, but still a glaring omission due to him still being a very popular character. It just sucks because a lot less popular characters get their dues like Swamp Thing, though they screwed it up I’m still glad he got some attention. They just redo a bunch of characters I’m not interested in or don’t need multiple statues of.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #502
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puni View Post
i like the 12 days. found nothing i was interested in, so i can safe a lot of money for the statues i ordered in the last 6 month
That is exactly how I feel. Relief almost, but its not over yet!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #503
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Shazam! Is tough because he’s been around for over 70 years and still has a presence today. Nightwing is less popular than Flash, but still a glaring omission due to him still being a very popular character. It just sucks because a lot less popular characters get their dues like Swamp Thing, though they screwed it up I’m still glad he got some attention. They just redo a bunch of characters I’m not interested in or don’t need multiple statues of.
I think Swamp Thing was picked because the character design visually appealing to non comic readers which is most collectors.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #504
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

As far as Deathstroke goes, I'd bet even money you see him again in a 2-3 years.
The problem for me is it doesn’t look like they’re going back to classic costumes for 1/4 scale.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #505
BurningRage
Inhumans

Maybe they’ll announce the Joker and Harley from the DC animated series collection.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #506
mattikebukuro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So far I'm interested in the Domino PF and in the Hulk Maquette.

I understand really well that Sideshow reboots its releases for new collectors with sure hits that most want a statue of in their collection (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman...). Moreover, while many collectors on these forum ask for the Penguin, Scarecrow..., I'm not sure how well it would sell as it still seems like kind of a niche market (People that want a complete collection of Batman characters are far less than the ones that just want a Batman...).

The only point that I really cannot get and that has been driving me crazy for years is the Flash. The character is highly asked for, has his own TV show, was in the Justice League movie and was well received.

I'm to the point that if they ever release one, I will directly order it. Barry Allen/Wally West exclusive portrait ? I'll buy two. Reverse Flash variant ? I'll buy three. Black Flash variant ? Oh, give me a fourth one. I'm to the point that I wouldn't even care if the sculpt was the same on all of these characters.

I'm so desperate for a Flash that I might bite for the Prime 1 Studio one that I don't even really like.
mattikebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #507
RetroRules
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Was that a Nun Life Size Bust at the end of the stream?

Yeah I noticed that too.
RetroRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #508
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikebukuro View Post
So far I'm interested in the Domino PF and in the Hulk Maquette.

I understand really well that Sideshow reboots its releases for new collectors with sure hits that most want a statue of in their collection (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman...). Moreover, while many collectors on these forum ask for the Penguin, Scarecrow..., I'm not sure how well it would sell as it still seems like kind of a niche market (People that want a complete collection of Batman characters are far less than the ones that just want a Batman...).

The only point that I really cannot get and that has been driving me crazy for years is the Flash. The character is highly asked for, has his own TV show, was in the Justice League movie and was well received.

I'm to the point that if they ever release one, I will directly order it. Barry Allen/Wally West exclusive portrait ? I'll buy two. Reverse Flash variant ? I'll buy three. Black Flash variant ? Oh, give me a fourth one. I'm to the point that I wouldn't even care if the sculpt was the same on all of these characters.

I'm so desperate for a Flash that I might bite for the Prime 1 Studio one that I don't even really like.
XM Flash looks amazing, but will be expensive (s/h).
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #509
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I’ll tell you what isn’t a good sign, when Prime 1s Flash has an edition size of 500 and has been up for pre order for around a year and a half and still hasnt sold out. Most pieces don’t sell out anymore until after they are released but this is a very low edition size so Sideshow is probably figuring that he isn’t in that much of a demand

Also to stay on topic, I’m officially 0-9. I haven’t even been tempted by any of the reveals so far. Domino is the best so far and she isn’t even part of the reveal yet. Show me some X-Men sideshow!
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #510
mattikebukuro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I’ll tell you what isn’t a good sign, when Prime 1s Flash has an edition size of 500 and has been up for pre order for around a year and a half and still hasnt sold out. Most pieces don’t sell out anymore until after they are released but this is a very low edition size so Sideshow is probably figuring that he isn’t in that much of a demand

Also to stay on topic, I’m officially 0-9. I haven’t even been tempted by any of the reveals so far. Domino is the best so far and she isn’t even part of the reveal yet. Show me some X-Men sideshow!
Strangely enough, he has been sold out on the Prime 1 website for a very long time. (I’d have to order there as I’m in Japan)

I would think people are just not that interested in that serie (Just like me). Superman has been on sale for a very long time and isn’t selling very well either.
mattikebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote