Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #1021
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't see that Hulk for sale??
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #1022
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
Where is Cory Smith's art for sale? What size is that Hulk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
http://www.corysmithart.com/Prints.htm

Me personally, i like his nudes section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I don't see that Hulk for sale??
From what I understand Cory Smith exclusively sells his prints at con's. Having said that he doesn't retire images quickly so there should be opportunity to grab a favorite piece.

On a side note Frobay sent my daughter his "Kermit the Frog" from SDCC and when I spoke to Cory at his booth during NYCC I showed him a picture of her with it. Smith totally started gushing to the point he made me forward him the picture; awesome guy and a tremendous talent to boot
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #1023
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

I bought a framed Mondo Return of the Living Dead print off ebay a couple weeks ago for $169 shipped. I messaged the buyer and he stated it was framed using acrylic. I received from UPS today and it was DESTROYED! The print was actually framed using glass so you can imagine what happened. I'm totally PISSED right now. This is the print that first attracted me to Mondo. I first saw it when Frobay posted his framed. I finally found what I thought was a good deal (especially framed) so I jumped on it. The guy shipped it wrapped in flimsy cardboard and bubble wrapped with the 'tiny bubble' bubble wrap. All that did was hold the broken glass inside the package so it could scratch the $hit out of it. There's no way UPS will pay a claim because they will say it was packaged improperly.

Here lately nothing seems to be going my way
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #1024
Damnation
Fantastic Four

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I bought a framed Mondo Return of the Living Dead print off ebay a couple weeks ago for $169 shipped. I messaged the buyer and he stated it was framed using acrylic. I received from UPS today and it was DESTROYED! The print was actually framed using glass so you can imagine what happened. I'm totally PISSED right now. This is the print that first attracted me to Mondo. I first saw it when Frobay posted his framed. I finally found what I thought was a good deal (especially framed) so I jumped on it. The guy shipped it wrapped in flimsy cardboard and bubble wrapped with the 'tiny bubble' bubble wrap. All that did was hold the broken glass inside the package so it could scratch the $hit out of it. There's no way UPS will pay a claim because they will say it was packaged improperly.

Why don't you put through a PayPal claim?
Damnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #1025
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnation View Post
Why don't you put through a PayPal claim?
I already filed a dispute, but that doesn't get me the print I wanted.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #1026
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That sucks pavehawk, but at least you'll get your money back. The search continues. Could be worse.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #1027
FROBAY
Phoenix

That sucks bro. At least you will get your money back. There is a glow in the dark one right now on Ebay.

Either way, you will get a deal on one, I see them often on the bay.

It's so funny when sellers put in their listings...will ship fully insured, as if we as buyers care. Ship it insured to protect yourself...The buyers will always get a refund thru paypal should damages occur.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #1028
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
It's so funny when sellers put in their listings...will ship fully insured, as if we as buyers care. Ship it insured to protect yourself...The buyers will always get a refund thru paypal should damages occur.
QFT.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #1029
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post

Those are amazing prints. Do you have the names of them or the artist name
Damon bowie, i almost bought a print of wolverine with a severed predator head on his claws from him lol

Turtles were 11x17 each

Hulk and batman were 18x24 each
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:44 AM   #1030
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post

I hate sellers that don't know what's going on or worse. Lie. Even with the glass, that could have been prevented. UPS Store and other shipping companies have a film that will protect glass from breaking during shipping. And they will insure it even if it breaks. But they know what they are doing when packing fragile stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I remember dealing with a few sellers that try to pass on the insurance cost to me. Then forget to insure it or worse, they write insured on the package like that means something...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote