Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 12-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #5011
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Kind of nice to see their prints not sell out instantly though it was a shock to see everything still in stock for so long.

Speaking of prints, I wish I was a Highlander fan as that Francesco print dropping tomorrow looks great.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #5012
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Looks like that Affleck directors series was a bit of a flop. 3/4 prints were available well into the evening with Argo still up on the site.
I may be talking out of turn but the whole exercise seemed to be a bit of gambit to favorably position themselves for the Bats/Sues releases.
I think there is some love out there for those movies. But the artwork was horrible imo. Affleck, say what you will about him, but the films he directed all have a great sense of atmosphere and location. I would of hoped these artist would of done something to incorporate that. Something with Iran in Argo and Boston for The Town.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #5013
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I didn't see all of The Town. I want to. I watched 1/4 to 1/2 and it seemed like a really good bank robber movie. Very close to Heat standards which is the best one. But that print wasn't good.

Of Ben Affleck's other movies, I've only seen Gone Baby Gone. I can't remember it at all.

Many times Justin's twitter posts seem to pander a bit. I still think many buy these prints, at least print fans not scalpers, because they like the artwork. Not to flip or just to have a Mondo print. These are the artsy type of print that will only interest a select crowd, if that. I believe I saved one of The Town movie posters. That image is better than the Mondo print.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #5014
Whirl Wind Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I didn't see all of The Town. I want to. I watched 1/4 to 1/2 and it seemed like a really good bank robber movie. Very close to Heat standards which is the best one. But that print wasn't good.

Of Ben Affleck's other movies, I've only seen Gone Baby Gone. I can't remember it at all.

Many times Justin's twitter posts seem to pander a bit. I still think many buy these prints, at least print fans not scalpers, because they like the artwork. Not to flip or just to have a Mondo print. These are the artsy type of print that will only interest a select crowd, if that. I believe I saved one of The Town movie posters. That image is better than the Mondo print.
Yeah, i got the DS 27x40 poster for that film, but i slowly moved away from those posters to these screen prints. Maybe someday something will come out that can compete with it.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #5015
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I think there is some love out there for those movies. But the artwork was horrible imo. Affleck, say what you will about him, but the films he directed all have a great sense of atmosphere and location. I would of hoped these artist would of done something to incorporate that. Something with Iran in Argo and Boston for The Town.
That was the issue with this release for me. I love Affleck's films save Gone, Baby, Gone, but that one is moreso due to the narrative and how the characters are written than what the director did. The Argo one was by far the poorest art print of the 4 I have seen for the film.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #5016
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
Yeah, i got the DS 27x40 poster for that film, but i slowly moved away from those posters to these screen prints. Maybe someday something will come out that can compete with it.
I still like normal movie posters but there are so many fakes out there even for double sided posters that I stopped unless it is something really good. Which doesn't happen much anymore with modern movie posters. Although there are some good ones for the new Hobbit movie.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #5017
Whirl Wind Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I still like normal movie posters but there are so many fakes out there even for double sided posters that I stopped unless it is something really good. Which doesn't happen much anymore with modern movie posters. Although there are some good ones for the new Hobbit movie.
Yeah the only one that i enjoyed recently was the one for The Wolverine.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #5018
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Kevin Tong: "Just hung out with team Mondo. This Saturday... nothing can prepare you. No further comment."

This seems beyond Die Hard or Lethal Weapon. But I can't make any further good guesses.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #5019
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Finally got this today. What an amazing print!

Off to the framers tomorrow.

Chris
Curious, is yours the variant?

Disregard, I answered my own question by going back a few pages. I wish the US version had metallic inks, that is really going to stand out.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #5020
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Curious, is yours the variant?

Disregard, I answered my own question by going back a few pages. I wish the US version had metallic inks, that is really going to stand out.
I thought the only difference was the US version is not GID.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote