Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #5001
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

As an international buyer, price was what kept me away from this piece. EX or regular - that's a lot of money to pay for a 1/4 statue, after shipping, customs and well, Brexit exchange rate. I do get the sense quite a few people are pained for missing out on the EX. Try to shrug it off, guys. Can't always get what we want in life. And the opportunity cost of getting this means not being able to get something else. Unless of course money isn't an issue in which case you will always be able to purchase the EX down the line. So long as you're ready to pay a few thousand dollars for a grinning face.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #5002
Mr.Knight
Justice League

See I got the EX Thanos but did not get a SDCC17 ticket. I guess this is how it works.
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #5003
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knight View Post
See I got the EX Thanos but did not get a SDCC17 ticket. I guess this is how it works.
I am sorry but what is an SDCC17 ticket?
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #5004
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
I am sorry but what is an SDCC17 ticket?
SanDiego Comic Convention 2017
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #5005
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
SanDiego Comic Convention 2017
OK thanks. I assumed it was for SDCC but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a discount code or anything.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #5006
Jayfoghorn
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knight View Post
I'm going to sdcc this year but I'd trade that for a Thanos Ex in a heartbeat lol
Jayfoghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:19 PM   #5007
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
"Dear valued collector, we f'd up and the sales on the regular version suck balls. So we have decided to cancel your waitlist in a desperate attempt to have you order the regular. keep collecting!"
Yeah, got that email too. And don't you know anything, Ambash? It's a "collector edition". Not a regular edition! Get a clue. "Although it's totally a regular edition and we tried to brand them as something more sophisticated and elusive to move pieces. Which doesn't make sense because 'collector edition' would imply something more like an 'exclusive edition' and cause nothing but confusion and resentment."

Oh well. My money saved.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #5008
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

I'm going for collectors edition guys because i know it will hold its value and be worth it because it has collectors edition right in title so you know it's going to be legit!! Plus even though forps is no longer with us (praise Jebus) he whispered this info in my ear!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #5009
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
I'm going for collectors edition guys because i know it will hold its value and be worth it because it has collectors edition right in title so you know it's going to be legit!! Plus even though forps is no longer with us (praise Jebus) he whispered this info in my ear!!

Sarah
Be strong and wait and you may get an EX after all, remember, it is all marketing hype and there was never even a home for all the XM Thanos and they still are trying to be flipped so dont be so sure there are even 1000 people in the world that really want this statue, 5000 flippers for sure but actual owners for keeps, maybe not and could be $1200 for the EX a year after release, And to boost your condidence the collector (REG) edition would be the highest priced solid hunk of polystone made as anything that pricey has switch out to kill, this piece has nothing at all, less than a Hulk Premium format EX which has 2 heads and sells for $500, this is a heavily overpriced statue if it comes with nothing at all. Period! Wait and see, Apocoplyse had hype and EX was $800, now your lucky to get $500 for the EX on ebay. This statue could turn out to be the biggest waist of $1200 ever for the people who get manipulated into buyer a regular no extras, no frills Thanks, Heck, for $800 today I can buy the XM loaded with goodies. Have patience, I dont think this is going to turn out like flippers hope.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #5010
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Be strong and wait and you may get an EX after all, remember, it is all marketing hype and there was never even a home for all the XM Thanos and they still are trying to be flipped so dont be so sure there are even 1000 people in the world that really want this statue, 5000 flippers for sure but actual owners for keeps, maybe not and could be $1200 for the EX a year after release, And to boost your condidence the collector (REG) edition would be the highest priced solid hunk of polystone made as anything that pricey has switch out to kill, this piece has nothing at all, less than a Hulk Premium format EX which has 2 heads and sells for $500, this is a heavily overpriced statue if it comes with nothing at all. Period! Wait and see, Apocoplyse had hype and EX was $800, now your lucky to get $500 for the EX on ebay. This statue could turn out to be the biggest waist of $1200 ever for the people who get manipulated into buyer a regular no extras, no frills Thanks, Heck, for $800 today I can buy the XM loaded with goodies. Have patience, I dont think this is going to turn out like flippers hope.
also lets not forget this won't be the only thanos ever made. Wait for p1, and even SS plus others to do another thanos in time which could be better than this one. Or it would just be more excellent choices.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote