Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #921
MapleDonut
Justice League

Anyone close to Tweeterhead have any sense at all when this thing will ship? Before Xmas 2019? Got two of these things on order.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #922
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

So here's my thoughts on Superman statues available right now. It seems like most of them, almost all of them in fact, emphasize Superman's strength. The hush Superman has crazy presence and oozes power. The sideshow Superman is looking over his shoulder and combined with his expression looks like he's spoiling for a fight.

But to me the Tweeterhead statue of Superman is the best *Superman*. Why? Because it doesn't emphasize his strength or his power, which are NOT the most important things about Superman's character. This Superman looks strong yes, but the body language and the portrait make it look like hes looking toward the future with *hope*. He has an expression that says he's positive and upbeat. He's a man of peace. That's why I think this is the best Superman on the whole out there right now, and why he will be the first Tweeterhead statue I get from this line.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #923
Sandy32
Fantastic Four

Is it shipping from China in batches? I see SS and a couple of shops have or had it in stock recently but Timewalker Toys who I have it ordered from hasn't got it yet. I'm curious as to what's going on.....
Sandy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #924
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
So here's my thoughts on Superman statues available right now. It seems like most of them, almost all of them in fact, emphasize Superman's strength. The hush Superman has crazy presence and oozes power. The sideshow Superman is looking over his shoulder and combined with his expression looks like he's spoiling for a fight.

But to me the Tweeterhead statue of Superman is the best *Superman*. Why? Because it doesn't emphasize his strength or his power, which are NOT the most important things about Superman's character. This Superman looks strong yes, but the body language and the portrait make it look like hes looking toward the future with *hope*. He has an expression that says he's positive and upbeat. He's a man of peace. That's why I think this is the best Superman on the whole out there right now, and why he will be the first Tweeterhead statue I get from this line.
I think sideshow's first Superman PF also captures that trait of the character perfectly. Standing on top of the Fortress of Solitude with his head up and looking to the sky gives off a strong sense of hope and wonder. Both pieces give off the same vibe IMO. Can't say I'm surprised since there have been comments about how similar the Tweeter Supes is to the OG Supes PF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #925
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Can't say I'm surprised since there have been comments about how similar the Tweeter Supes is to the OG Supes PF.
I think there’s no doubt that Tweeterhead’s piece was modeled after the Sideshow piece. The Tweeterhead piece has the added benefit of being full sculpt.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #926
built2shred
Phoenix

Any news on the replacements for those of us who ordered the EX through Tweeterhead?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:41 PM   #927
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Any news on the replacements for those of us who ordered the EX through Tweeterhead?
Not yet. I’m on the list too.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:47 AM   #928
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think there’s no doubt that Tweeterhead’s piece was modeled after the Sideshow piece. The Tweeterhead piece has the added benefit of being full sculpt.
I'm personally not a fan of cloth on my statues. I always prefer fully sculpted pieces. However, I thought the mixed media on the Superman PF was very well done. It doesn't bother me at all.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #929
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

On the whole I do like the 1st sideshow PF of Superman quite well, though I would not really consider him 'on the market' anymore since he's been out of production for quite a long while. I do like the new sideshow Superman also but I just really like the way the TH Superman presents the character. The sideshow of course has tremendous improvements in detail over the TH though.

Nearmint as I recall you were quite torn on which PF Superman to keep, weren't you? I also really like that the 1st one harkens back to Christopher Reeve too. And your TH Superman review (aside from paint) was quite positive.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #930
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Nearmint as I recall you were quite torn on which PF Superman to keep, weren't you? I also really like that the 1st one harkens back to Christopher Reeve too. And your TH Superman review (aside from paint) was quite positive.
I sold the first PF, although I love the portrait on that one. I love pretty much everything about the new PF, although I wonder if it would be better if he weren’t looking so far left. The Tweeterhead has an excellent sculpt, but the shoddy paint application and poor cape design were serious let-downs.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote