Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #101
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
BTW, this just my opinion as I know some people really like the Gladiator Hulk story and all and I'm probably in the minority here, but IMO Hulk looks plain stupid with that gladiator gear on... I just prefer Hulk being Hulk..... You know "" Hulk SMASH !!! ""
oh no, your not the only one. i feel the same. Hulk dont need all that get up to battle. kind of silly. i like my Hulk savage raging uncontrollable monster. reasons why i didn't really care for that whole planet hulk story.

as far as the whole comparing QC with XM and SS. lets not forget that these two companies use the same factories in China. so i would put money on it that XM receive some crappy pieces from the factory just as all the other companies out there do. what the differences between them is that XM is taking the steps to ensure that their pieces that ship out are in good quality. thats why they have them shipped to them first and then they go over them and fix whats wrong with them from the factory. at least the last time i knew thats what they were doing. not sure if thats what they are still doing or not and how long that will last. just seems kind of ridiculous to pay a factory to make something for you a certain way and then you have to repair their faulty work which only costs you more money in the long run. to a point where your actually loosing money. could be the reason why SS doesn't do it. but if SS did that same thing they wouldn't have any QC issues. and would be putting out a high end quality product.
SS is a big enough company to be able to hirer qualified people with the skill to inspect and fix if need be whats ever wrong with the statues. and they could most def have the proper guidance so that they ship out a high quality product. could even be closer to the prototypes that we see.
but im sure it might not be as simple as what im stating. but then again. it could be.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #102
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
No, I actually bought into the hype early on and then realized it is a $1k bowen statue and lost interest. Again I am not saying they look bad, they are just not $1K good, but it is ok if you want to tell yourself they are. I could have bought it three diffrent times and wised up and decided not to get it. SS has had their issues, but to compare a company that has realised one ok statue (CAP) and one (I don't even need to say it Hulk) is comical. Other than the Apocalypse statue most of SS recent releases have been very good. You guys keep drinking the kool aid. I am waiting for my awesome Red Skull, Hellboy, and Red Sonja to arrive. By the way I got all three of those epic peices for about the price of one XM peice.

I agree. As nice as Cap & Magneto look no way I’m paying what they’re going for. To each his own. I definitely agree about XM’s Hulk as well. To me it’s by far dead last of any Hulk ever released.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #103
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
oh no, your not the only one. i feel the same. Hulk dont need all that get up to battle. kind of silly. i like my Hulk savage raging uncontrollable monster. reasons why i didn't really care for that whole planet hulk story.
If you read the story you'd know why he wore it and why the armor and weapons were a benefit in battle.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #104
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:

as far as the whole comparing QC with XM and SS. lets not forget that these two companies use the same factories in China. so i would put money on it that XM receive some crappy pieces from the factory just as all the other companies out there do. what the differences between them is that XM is taking the steps to ensure that their pieces that ship out are in good quality. thats why they have them shipped to them first and then they go over them and fix whats wrong with them from the factory. at least the last time i knew thats what they were doing. not sure if thats what they are still doing or not and how long that will last. just seems kind of ridiculous to pay a factory to make something for you a certain way and then you have to repair their faulty work which only costs you more money in the long run. to a point where your actually loosing money. could be the reason why SS doesn't do it. but if SS did that same thing they wouldn't have any QC issues. and would be putting out a high end quality product.
SS is a big enough company to be able to hirer qualified people with the skill to inspect and fix if need be whats ever wrong with the statues. and they could most def have the proper guidance so that they ship out a high quality product. could even be closer to the prototypes that we see.
but im sure it might not be as simple as what im stating. but then again. it could be.
I completely agree with your statement.... Although XM did state they only use one factory and actually pay the factory more $$$ then what other companies do in order to increase the Quality Control, XM also sent their painters to this factory to train them how to paint eyes correctly. So XM defiantly takes a more pro-active role in making sure the factory they use puts out high quality stuff which means less work for them in the touch up department when they inspect the statues.

It's also one of the reasons their statues cost more.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #105
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I completely agree with your statement.... Although XM did state they only use one factory and actually pay the factory more $$$ then what other companies do in order to increase the Quality Control, XM also sent their painters to this factory to train them how to paint eyes correctly. So XM defiantly takes a more pro-active role in making sure the factory they use puts out high quality stuff which means less work for them in the touch up department when they inspect the statues.

As cool as all that is it isn't even the best part of the story. If what I have heard is true, when the workers on the factory asked the XM painters if they could use the techniques they had learned from them on SSC products the XM masters said go for it. XM has already surpassed some of the fanboys (on either side) by simply wanting all collectors to have a better product, and lets face it that is AWESOME.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #106
DynamicMenace

Quote:

didn't SS claim to do the same thing in that video they released a while back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
As cool as all that is it isn't even the best part of the story. If what I have heard is true, when the workers on the factory asked the XM painters if they could use the techniques they had learned from them on SSC products the XM masters said go for it. XM has already surpassed some of the fanboys (on either side) by simply wanting all collectors to have a better product, and lets face it that is AWESOME.
interesting.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #107
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
If you read the story you'd know why he wore it and why the armor and weapons were a benefit in battle.
i did not read the story. only seen the animated film.
cant remember if they touched on that or not.

but i didn't like the whole idea of him being able to be controlled either.

it was a interesting story. i liked it to a degree. but there were things such as what ive mentioned why i didn't like it,
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #108
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
didn't SS claim to do the same thing in that video they released a while back?

interesting.
I believe your right, wasn't this the guy SS sent over to train them how to paint eyes?

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #109
DynamicMenace

not sure if he works for SS. lol
but they did claim to do that same thing to show them exactly how they want things done.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #110
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Waiting for something about Sideshow's Mark VII LSF
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote