Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #421
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I like the pose and base better on the DC one but I prefer the art direction, tailoring and sculpt of the SSC version.
I completely agree with this comparison.

I also think the Green Lantern was the best museum piece released.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #422
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
The SSC Joker is about the same as the DCD one, they are both about the same in terms of quality etc.
I don't agree with this at all. Mind you if you've made the purchase for the DCD one and you're happy, all the best to you.

Every single aspect of the SSC one looks better to me. The tailoring, the sculpt and especially the paint job (which I find DCD is consistently terrible at in every statue, mixed media or not. They use flat paint bases with no highlighting or shading). Even before the SSC one was announced I had no interest in the DCD one.

I've seen all the DCD Mixed media statues and I've despised every one except the Wonder Woman statue. It's the only one I have from that line. Mind you it's also the weakest looking mixed media statue I own. My Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Gollum International, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk all far exceed it.

The new solicits of the Catwoman don't look too bad though (the old solicits looked terrible), but I'll hold out for SSC to make one since they have the license now.

It's not to say I think SSC is infalible. They have some stinkers of their own, but those are the exception rather than the rule. Their quality is consistently higher than anyone else making 1/4 mixed media statues.

Overall I'm super pumped that SSC has the license for DC now. Joker, Batman, Superman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern... I need a second job.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote