Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

I'm disappointed also, but it's still an interesting sculpt. I wish they would have focused more on showing her power and confidence like the other ladies in the line have. This reminds me a little too much of the Sideshow She-Hulk. I just hope it turns out better than she did.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
Havok85
U talkin' to me?

Wow there's really this much hate for Batgirl already?

Well I think it looks fantastic. It's a very Gil Elvgren style and I love his art so that may be why I like it so much. I understand not everyone will like that though.

Also I honestly didn't expect every piece in this line to follow the same style the whole way through. Why not change it up a little? I'm not bothered by it at all and I think she'll look great with the others I have.

Anyway that's just my opinion but I think it's another homerun and I'll definitely be picking it up!
Havok85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #13
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

It's okay and I'll be getting one. I'm sure there were better AH! Batgirl works that would have been nicer.

The sculpt looks more like the art (except for the boobs) than Poison Ivy did. So in that respect it's not the worst of the line.

The art and sculpt both treat the character with the least respect (for lack of a better term) than any other piece so far. So in that respect, it is the worst of the line.
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
cblakey1
Cyclops

I'm gonna wait 'til I have her in hand before I pass judgement. I love pin-up style pieces and this fits the bill.. tastefully.

Nice to mix it up a bit. IMO, WW was too serious. I'm glad the line evolved into something like this.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
Primal
Batman

I was excited to see the title of this thread but upon opening it I realize this is the first one in the line that I'm not feeling AT ALL. Too bad this had to happen to Babs but hopefully I'll feel differently when I see it in person. Really disliking the look on her face.

Maybe it's because she's the first in the line that's not displaying a sense of confidence.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #16
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

This is rare coming from me but I have to say she is the worst in the line so far. I was never excited about a Batgirl anyways because I dislike the character but it was going to be an AH! Batgirl so I was getting her. Unfortunately my boyfriend likes her so she will be next to the others. The pose doesn't matter because I don't expect them all to be the same because their not now but the head is just not looking good. This version in the pic below would have been better but with the black and yellow colors.

Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Yeesh... This one doesn't fit the line at all...
She looks like a bubbleheaded teenager.

Agreed! This looks like it would suit Stephanie more than Babs. I guess I don't entirely Hate it. I'll get it because it's Barbara. Now we'll have 2/3 of the Birds of Prey. I Hope they make a Huntress!
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #18
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

She is my favorite DC character and I'm a bit underwhelmed but I guess I will be getting it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #19
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Definitely on the fence about this one. I understand the direction DC may have been going with this one, but still not totally sold on it. I will wait to see more in hand pics before deciding. I decided early on I wasn't going to be a completist in regards to this line, so I'm not bothered having to pass up on a few that I don't like. Maybe DC will do a more serious sculpt later.
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #20
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
This reminds me a little too much of the Sideshow She-Hulk.
This was my very first thought when I saw the pic. It's just too different from the others.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote