Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
World Warrior
Death is hereditary.

Exciting and scary at the same time. I like DCD, there sculpts especially on the Blackest Night line are awesome. While I have wanted someone to do better statues from DC, I am a little nervous that SS might be getting them.
World Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
DCCollector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is something I thought might happen for some time, and frankly I have mixed feelings about it. I *love* Sideshow's stuff and I miss collecting their Marvel Comiquettes. They're incredible, but my collection space is limited, they're *so* big, and pretty expensive. Odds are Sideshow's focus would be to produce nothing but large statues such as Comiquettes, LSBs, etc, and I don't know if my collecting area or wallet could handle it.
DCCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #13
DSET
The Secret Six

DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Where did this come from, though? Is it some blogger that is just trying to correlate the Mass Effect 2 cancellation with a Sideshow pickup of the DCD license? Because if there's any correlation, it would be more Mass Effect specific than DCD. If they didn't get it already, I know Sideshow has hinted that they'd be getting a Mass Effect license.

On the other hand, DCDs small number of new items solicited did make me think they may be ramping down...
That is pretty much all my thoughts on this. I too love collecting the odd SS Marvel piece but honestly they take no time to eat up an entire collection space.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Ran across this

DC Direct recently sent a note saying their Mass Effect 2 figures have been canceled, and Sideshow Collectibles seems to be positioning themselves as your one stop shop for DC Comics Statues, but the crew is still showing at Toy Fair 2011, so we assume they've got some figures and statues still hitting the pegs! Here's a sampling of what we'll be shooting next week...
I don't really see how the cancellation of the ME2 figures equates to this. It makes sense that DCD would cancel the ME2 figures if they didn't sell well and the game is getting a little long in the tooth.

As far as "Sideshow Collectibles seems to be positioning themselves as your one stop shop for DC Comics Statues" where the heck did that come from? As far as I can tell the only DC offerings SS has are those insanely priced prints and the cutesy Funco stuff. I write this off as the musing of that blogger until more information comes forward.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #16
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I kinda hoping this isn't true to save me money.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by modus View Post
I kinda hoping this isn't true to save me money.
True. Though, I'd only score Batman anyway. Really, I'll believes it when I sees it.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
dr_teng

I don't see how any cancellation of their ME2 figures (which I hadn't heard of) translates to a STATUE licence. The audience for $10~ figures doesn't really match up with statues that go for a few hundred.

DC's statue section seems to be doing alright as far as I know?
Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Could it be they may be getting distribution rights rather than acquiring DC rights.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #20
dechirico7
The Flash

ugh, I will kill for a Catwoman and Poison Ivy PF
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote