Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #361
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
What happened to this forum? It's really gone to the dogs. Used to be one of the most decent forums I would frequent, but it's just like all the others now. Every thread is nothing but negativity.
Agreed. This thread has been super depressing to read.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #362
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
What happened to this forum? It's really gone to the dogs. Used to be one of the most decent forums I would frequent, but it's just like all the others now. Every thread is nothing but negativity.
Just ignore it Shanesg. There are still a lot of good posters here.

It is unfortunate that negativity is what a lot of people like.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #363
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Entitlement is what happened.
Yes. We were/are wrong to expect every product to be great. We live in a world of mediocrity and we should learn to accept it. Don't try to raise people to that bar, just lower that bar.

In all seriousness, this forum doesn't seem like it has changed much in the 3 years I've been posting, nor the years before when I just browsed.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #364
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Yes. We were/are wrong to expect every product to be great. We live in a world of mediocrity and we should learn to accept it. Don't try to raise people to that bar, just lower that bar.

In all seriousness, this forum doesn't seem like it has changed much in the 3 years I've been posting, nor the years before when I just browsed.
By entitlement I mean that we expect every product to be specifically geared towards our own aesthetic. Don't twist my words
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #365
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Is opinion being mistaken for negativity? If people don't like something, telling you why shouldn't be a negative. If you are spewing negative comments for the sake of being a troll that's another problem.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #366
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I think it's more frustration than outright negativity, it is for me anyway.
I was really looking forward to seeing Lion-O, the new Batman PF and this new Ivy and they have all been massive disappointments so I vent my frustration on this public forum that is I'd assume here to discuss, praise and critique statues.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #367
grphyx1
Kingpin

I'd much rather people say, oh her boobs or her booty aren't big enough. But to keep saying she's too muscular she looks like a tranny is just all kinds of wrong. Some times opinions don't need to be shared
Old 04-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #368
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I'd much rather people say, oh her boobs or her booty aren't big enough. But to keep saying she's too muscular she looks like a tranny is just all kinds of wrong. Some times opinions don't need to be shared
Eh, I think the piece is different and there's nothing wrong with that. I like it more than the last one. I think people are free to say why they do or do not like it but don't try to convince me. State your claim and move on.

It's like The Last Jedi, people keep trying to make me like it and I never will so stop trying. Move on, enjoy the movie and let me be.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #369
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Eh, I think the piece is different and there's nothing wrong with that. I like it more than the last one. I think people are free to say why they do or do not like it but don't try to convince me. State your claim and move on.

It's like The Last Jedi, people keep trying to make me like it and I never will so stop trying. Move on, enjoy the movie and let me be.
I was raised differently. There is a way to state your personal dissatisfaction with a piece without putting off someone that may feel the piece is the bees knees.

I am glad you like it
Old 04-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #370
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

So we should censor our opinions of statues because someone may not agree? I wholeheartedly disagree with any sentiment remotely resembling those lines. I have said I like this statue, but am curious as to their art direction. Everyone else's opinions are equally valid.

I'm pretty sure the point of this forum is to discuss statues. Are we going to narrow it down to only positives? If you dont like a statue, please, let the hate flow through you. If the general majority doesn't like a statue, maybe a company will fix it or take those critiques to heart for the next one. Prime One has fixed quite a many issues because of reactions from the statue community, and each time the piece was better for it.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote