Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #41
#Brian
Shadowhawk

I am pretty upset with some delays and lack of communication from Chronicle lately. So much so that I am cancelling orders and washing my hands of them.

But even in my upset state, I can clearly see through these emails. Yes, there may be some truth in them, but they are so agenda driven that I am inclined to write them off completely.

There are 2 sides to every story and I'm sure the truth lies halfway between these emails and Chronicles statements.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #42
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
I am pretty upset with some delays and lack of communication from Chronicle lately. So much so that I am cancelling orders and washing my hands of them.

But even in my upset state, I can clearly see through these emails. Yes, there may be some truth in them, but they are so agenda driven that I am inclined to write them off completely.

There are 2 sides to every story and I'm sure the truth lies halfway between these emails and Chronicles statements.
A lot of truth in this post.

Honestly, the last time Chronicle knocked my socks off with a product was Anubus. They came out of the gate hitting grand slams with the Tippett Robocop Puppets after that is has gone more and more downhill.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #43
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
I can’t be the only person who had this yesterday. Anyone else get it?
I haven't received any of these
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #44
qz33
Rescue

Guys the absolute best advice is this:

Just stop POing from any of these clown statue companies.

They are all relying on their customers to take the risks.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #45
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m surprised I’m the only one to come forward with this email. I’m leaning towards a disgruntled customer rather than legit issue, but who knows?
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:44 AM   #46
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I can confirm I did not receive this email or anything else from CC, and I bought them a piece directly less than a year ago.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:17 AM   #47
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Guys the absolute best advice is this:

Just stop POing from any of these clown statue companies.

They are all relying on their customers to take the risks.
I disagree. I mean, yes, they do. But, the alternative is no product at all, at least nothing 'good'. It's too great of a risk to invest your own money into high end collectibles and hope they sell to someone. Oh sure it'd be wonderful if these companies did that but who are we kidding? Would we have CC robo pieces?? Stargate pieces? GB terror dog? Need I go on? Hell no, we'd have none of that stuff. No one would have invested their money in those pieces and their production runs hoping people would buy them.

I get what you're saying, but this is a necessary evil for these collectibles. This market wouldn't even exist beyond the most popular franchises, with a handful of companies if that, and who knows if our favorites would make the cut. Would Aliens? Predator? Terminator? Would it be restricted to billion dollar brands to max customer potential? Like Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers, and DC? Maybe there wouldn't be a market, period. We all hate how the system works but it's really the only system that can work. Otherwise we'd be stuck with typical products at best because no one would even bother investing in any kind of higher end products, even just in the $100 range. It's too much for anybody who would ever care to enter such a market for collectibles.

To my knowledge, the last time a brave soul did this, he did it for just the $15ish dollar range, and his name was Todd McFarlane. He saw a need for a higher end action figure, something more than a cheap toy that Mattel was trying to do for his stuff. So he went at it alone. I think of him as the father of the high end collectibles hobby. I imagine most of us has bought his collectibles at least once in our lives. I'm sure many of us bought alot of his stuff. His stuff wasn't large and it wasn't priced at $3000 or $1000 or even just $500. But he was the first to risk his money and prove there was a market for big boy collectibles. Not just for movies, but for sports, too. I had ALOT of his stuff. It's still dear to my heart today, and I sorely wished I still had all of it, but as some of you know, a house fire took mostly all of it away. What I have left was a select few pieces that I chose to open and had them on a shelf and the box I put them in during moving happened to be in the last bedroom of the house that was half spared by fire before it was put out. Firefighter water couldn't damage them so they were saved.

Anyway, his risk pales in comparison to the risk required for these kinds of collectibles. I wish some super rich dude could come along, invest a ton of money, mass produce statues, and lower prices on his stuff. I'd love to get cheaper high end statues all day every day. It's just not ever going to happen, and I'd never get most of what I want if that were the system in place. And if it were in place, I know for a FACT I'd spend half or more of my time -----ing about product selling out and me missing out. You know it would happen!
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #48
clutch
Sailor Moon

So basically statue companies are like kickstarter...
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #49
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Anyway, his risk pales in comparison to the risk required for these kinds of collectibles. I wish some super rich dude could come along, invest a ton of money, mass produce statues, and lower prices on his stuff. I'd love to get cheaper high end statues all day every day. It's just not ever going to happen, and I'd never get most of what I want if that were the system in place. And if it were in place, I know for a FACT I'd spend half or more of my time -----ing about product selling out and me missing out. You know it would happen!
This makes me very grateful I was able to get most of my Lord of the Rings statue collection in the early Sideshow/Weta days when it was relatively cheap and I was still living at home so could afford it when I didn't have bills to pay. And in these later years I've been able to sell some of that earlier stuff and get the pieces I considered missing and have a fairly complete collection.
I have the main characters, creatures and locations represented in statue form, so now if anything sells out and I couldn't get it, I'm not so worried. Treebeard was THE showstopper purchase for me, and I'm hoping to get Minas Morgul with the Weta dollars earned!

Now with Iron Studios doing Jurassic Park statues, I desperately want them but don't have the money or space. I wish I could just get one piece - the Rex attacking the car. But just not possible right now.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #50
dechirico7
The Flash

I found out today that Gentle Giant is cancelling a pre-order piece that I have been looking forward to. I dont need to hear about also losing out on my Jareth. I would be crushed.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote