Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-05-2019, 12:28 AM   #41
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Yeah, he comes across as pretty fragile when it comes to criticism. I'd be pretty bummed if he closed up shop. Ignore the trolls (but not the legitimate complaints) and let the sales speak for themselves. Also, I didn't like the fact that he didn't seem to know why people were blasting him about Batman. Come on, man.

I know. But TH could be 3 or 4 people to handle CS. Chad even mentioned how does he deal with all the e-mails from so many new customers. Hire more people.
Sounds like chad doesn’t want to manage 3-4 employees and if he gets these issues resolved will there be enough work for 3-4 people 40 hrs/week? IMO, I think not
Old 10-05-2019, 12:41 AM   #42
chrismhk
Luke Cage

If he can't hire more employees, I think best options are to rely on more retailers or to get a better functioning website that take cares of huge chunk of customer issues. I think it is good that he lets specfictionshop sell the EX. He should advertise that more. The obvious thing is that the two people are not enough with the amounts of orders they are getting. Things are obviously starting to get out his hands and this is frustrating to both him and the customers.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:00 AM   #43
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I’ve said this before in another forum it was a while ago but maybe he should just stop with the exclusives and just produce one statue of the character and leave it at that. In some ways I do think that the exclusives are a nice novel idea but I just don’t think they’re necessary. I know he does want to make the company a little more special and I do think he really does listen to the fans and the people who are buying the statues but I just think that could be like one less item of stress that he could take off his shoulders and I truly don’t think any fan would be like “where the hell the exclusive why am I getting the same statue everybody else is getting”. Of the SuperPowers line I have four of his statues and two of them are exclusives-Batman and Martian Manhunter (Batman I did order through Tweeterhead but Martian Manhunter I Purchased off of eBay). I know for a fact I’m never going to put the Martian head on the Martian Manhunter statue and Will never put the alternate hand on the Batman statue. Perhaps other people do switch out the stuff I guess I just think like “oh I have to dig out the box to do it” and I just don’t. And I know he is producing exclusives so people will order directly through him but I was ordering directly through him just to support the company not so much to get the exclusive. Maybe next year he should just do away with the exclusives so then just one statue would get produced and that would be it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:19 AM   #44
built2shred
Phoenix

Just my 2cents

1) Get rid of exclusives
2) Get rid of the edition sizes, just leave the edition size open ended.

Just doing those two things will make things a lot easier.

He won't have to deal with two different versions of the same statue and without an edition size he can use any of the already made statues for replacement parts if something goes wrong. Plus if a statue is really popular he can make more without people complaining about it since there is no edition size.

He also needs to stop saying he's going to make this or that as an extra at no additional cost. (IE The Batman family base), just make the statues and sell them, he just needs to make things simple for himself... And finally stop messing around with social media. It's not worth it... if you make great statues people will spread the message you don't need to expose yourself on social media to trolls or nerds who have anger issues.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:38 AM   #45
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just my 2cents

1) Get rid of exclusives

He won't have to deal with two different versions of the same statue and without an edition size he can use any of the already made statues for replacement parts if something goes wrong. Plus if a statue is really popular he can make more without people complaining about it since there is no edition size.

He also needs to stop saying he's going to make this or that as an extra at no additional cost. (IE The Batman family base), just make the statues and sell them, he just needs to make things simple for himself... And finally stop messing around with social media. It's not worth it... if you make great statues people will spread the message you don't need to expose yourself on social media to trolls or nerds who have anger issues.
These are all fantastic points. Another thing he mentioned in the video was that when his company started, all his customers on social media were like friends. But now TH has grown a bit and many statues are sold through places like SSC. These customers don't know Chad or how small his business is (two people). If new customers have an issue, they might take to social media and blast TH, which Chad noted hurts his feelings. Basically, he has to remember it's a business and not take things personal. All customers can't be your friends and stop letting people harass you via your personal phone number. /keyboard business advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Sounds like chad doesn’t want to manage 3-4 employees and if he gets these issues resolved will there be enough work for 3-4 people 40 hrs/week? IMO, I think not
That's cool for now. But eventually if TH gets really popular (they're like a hidden gem still) then customer service will really suffer.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:51 AM   #46
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

There are a lot of Sheldon Cooper types in this hobby. Millennials who are used to getting everything on demand and pretty much anything they want when they want it. Patience should be a checkbox everyone should check before ordering, a disclaimer of sort. I've never went into ordering something from Tweeterhead expecting anything more than quality. I know theres going to be a wait. I ordered the PCS Collectible Batman and it took a year. Be strong. Ignore political correctness and if you have to raise your voice or not parse your words, do it! Just don't give up. Chad, if you need to talk hit me up on Facebook

But please give us Zatanna. Lol. That wasn't backwards magic, lol spelled backwards is still lol.

Kirk Philbrick

Last edited by jlaavenger; 10-05-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:44 AM   #47
mmk123

When I first discovered Tweeterhead (the Batwoman and Bat-Girl statue) he was only numbering the exclusives. He did change it up to numbering everything. If it would make things easier then stop the numbering altogether. Since we all know that statue #1 of 892 is not really the actual 1st statue produced but the first one that got numbered does it matter? If someone truly wants the statue and the character they are going to buy it regardless of the number.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #48
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
When I first discovered Tweeterhead (the Batwoman and Bat-Girl statue) he was only numbering the exclusives. He did change it up to numbering everything. If it would make things easier then stop the numbering altogether. Since we all know that statue #1 of 892 is not really the actual 1st statue produced but the first one that got numbered does it matter? If someone truly wants the statue and the character they are going to buy it regardless of the number.
He started numbering because community wanted it.

For me personally this has no meaning. I couldn’t tell you a one number from anything I own. All I care about is execution.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #49
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just my 2cents

1) Get rid of exclusives

Yeah these are great points. I think he overhyped our expectations and got in a little over his head. But the company is what it is. He is not looking to grow and the customer service is going to be behind. The bottom line is that he wants to produce great statues that he is enthusiastic about and I'm glad he will continue. I hate that some people are trashing and harassing him to the point where it sucks all the joy out of what this hobby is supposed to be, and forces him to think of shutting it down. Sure, you can have legitimate complaints but talk about it in a civil manner. And if you don't like the response you get (or lack thereof) just be done with it and move on to something else. I will continue to support the company because I like everything I have bought so far. I have just adjusted my expectations a little and I take it for what it is.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #50
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
He started numbering because community wanted it.

For me personally this has no meaning. I couldn’t tell you a one number from anything I own. All I care about is execution.
I do remember whenever people talked about that on here and he decided to start the numbering

Can you imagine if all statue companies discontinued numbering and the heads that would explode🤣