Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-20-2023, 04:09 PM   #131
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I?m not even excited for this anymore. I?m still waiting on the 1/4 joker. I have that and this preordered on Spec Fiction. It?ll probably be 50,000 years before I get either statue.
Unfortunately preordering from Spec has that one major negative. If cost wasn’t an issue, it’ll be significantly faster if one were to order from one of the retailers/resellers closer to China.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 03:07 AM   #132
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I?m not even excited for this anymore.
Understandable. I think this piece is such a landmark for the hobby, my excitement is not dulled by the wait.....I'm mostly referring to the 1/3 version by the way.

As far as I know, Queen are the ONLY company producing polystone / polyresin headsculpts with "rooted" hair, and this is the first piece from them with long hair - so, I expect this piece is causing some headaches back at QS HQ as they struggle to get it right. If they botch this, it will be a huge blow to their credibility and to the credibility their USP.......

.....but, if they get it right......oh good Lord above.

Personally, while I love what JND are doing with their 1/3 scale pieces....I'm still nervous about the longevity of silicone, knowing full well that not all silicone is created equally, and that I need to trust each company to use the best quality silicone available. By contrast, we know the cheapest and nastiest polystone will outlive me by many generations, its relative stability and robustness is more or less proven.

So, if Queen can provide that hyper realism without the need for "exotic" / novel material choices, that would be where I send my money.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:15 AM   #133
SDguy

Quote:
I?m not even excited for this anymore. I?m still waiting on the 1/4 joker. I have that and this preordered on Spec Fiction. It?ll probably be 50,000 years before I get either statue.
Same, the excitement for this is waning. Fun fact I learned as a result though, SF will keep your first installment of a payment plan as an NRD if you cancel, regardless of if you paid the minimum, or a large amount up front (like I did). LOL, looks like I'm all in on this piece no matter what, as I'm not about to lose half the price of the statue by canceling.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 04:25 PM   #134
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Same, the excitement for this is waning. Fun fact I learned as a result though, SF will keep your first installment of a payment plan as an NRD if you cancel, regardless of if you paid the minimum, or a large amount up front (like I did). LOL, looks like I'm all in on this piece no matter what, as I'm not about to lose half the price of the statue by canceling.
Well that?s dumb lol. I only have one thing on payment plan, the queen 1/4 joker which has been paid off since June. I messaged them and they said it would be shipping the beginning of April. They didn?t say what year though

I have a bunch on non payment plan preorders from them that I regret (not the items themselves, I still want them like this Catwoman, but I regret preordering them from Spec Fiction).
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:12 AM   #135
SDguy

They posted an Unboxing on FB: https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=101372222928136

This actually looks pretty great. I love light up features, but I doubt I'll ever use these.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:58 AM   #136
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I wonder if it’s intentional that they’re not showing closeups of the head sculpt while it’s unmasked? First it was that set of pics from not that long ago, and now the same with this unboxing video. I don’t care too much, as I’ve got the Infinity Bust on preorder too.

And again they’re triple boxing it again with 2 shippers. I had the same recently with my Mark 1. Though at least with this one, it’s a small enough box, that I should be able to pick it up directly when it arrives at Sugo in ? months.

And stupid button cell batteries again. Even my Hot Toys at least uses 2x AAA batteries instead.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:03 AM   #137
SDguy

Does it really matter? I'll never NOT have the goggles on her head.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:15 AM   #138
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Does it really matter? I'll never NOT have the goggles on her head.
I usually display my movie pieces with the unmasked head sculpts, and given that I usually have quite a few characters duplicated, chances are I’ll have one masked somewhere in my collection.

Though I may choose to have my Infinity bust unmasked; so I can have this one masked.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:15 AM   #139
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
They posted an Unboxing on FB: https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=101372222928136

This actually looks pretty great. I love light up features, but I doubt I'll ever use these.
Based on the video, I think it looks really well done.

At the same time, the 1/6 scale here feels small. Maybe I'm just used to seeing bigger pieces at this point. (And yes, I know the eventual 1/3 scale is coming and will probably feel gigantic).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:24 AM   #140
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Based on the video, I think it looks really well done.

At the same time, the 1/6 scale here feels small.
Maybe I'm just used to seeing bigger pieces at this point. (And yes, I know the eventual 1/3 scale is coming and will probably feel gigantic).
I totally thought the same thing watching the video. I mean, those 1/6 scale cars like Batmobiles and Ecto-1 look HUGE. This seemed tiny....