Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #3331
qz33
Rescue

Congratulations.

Didn't they change the chalice in production to where it couldn't be displayed sideways like in the box pics?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:24 AM   #3332
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

There would be a lot of pics to post with this purchase

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32503601379...QAAOSwU1dfjjNg
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:28 AM   #3333
FJC
Midnighter

Well, it looks like I finally scored the variant Scarlet Witch for my collection today. I was trying to pick it up for years at a price I could live with. Won it on ebay for $280 + $25 shipping. Not too bad. I believe this piece was $230 when it was released. If so, that's just $50 over retail. I finally get to fill the empty space next to my BD phasing Vision statue. Now I just need to pick up a Reed and Sue for my FF lineup and my Bowen collection will be complete.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:13 AM   #3334
mmk123

congrats on the purchase-you got the one with the big, dramatic cape, correct?
Old 03-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #3335
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Well, it looks like I finally scored the variant Scarlet Witch for my collection today. I was trying to pick it up for years at a price I could live with. Won it on ebay for $280 + $25 shipping. Not too bad. I believe this piece was $230 when it was released. If so, that's just $50 over retail. I finally get to fill the empty space next to my BD phasing Vision statue. Now I just need to pick up a Reed and Sue for my FF lineup and my Bowen collection will be complete.
Complete as in the whole team or just the ones you like?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 03:39 PM   #3336
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Complete as in the whole team or just the ones you like?
Complete meaning all done. No more Bowen (or 1/6) Marvel statues for me to buy. My Avengers lineup was missing a Scarlet Witch (which I just picked up). My X-MEN lineup is complete and my FF lineup needs a Reed, Sue, and Galactus. Galactus isn't a problem, I'm going to buy the new Sideshow MAQ.

Reed and Sue are my only issue. I don't like any of the offerings by Bowen of Reed or Sue. They look too dated for my tastes. I could probably live with the Reed and Sue statues that were released in the FF 3 pack. However, I'd just be buying them because I need them to complete my collection, not because I think they look good. The main problem is that Bowen is shut down so there won't be any future releases of the characters by BD. So, if I choose to wait, I'll have to hope that Kotobukiya (or some other company) will release a Reed and Sue that I actually like. All that said...who knows how long that could take? It's not like Reed and Sue statues are getting released with any regularity. My only real option may end up being going the custom route to get what I want.
Old 03-03-2022, 03:39 PM   #3337
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
congrats on the purchase-you got the one with the big, dramatic cape, correct?
Yes, indeed I did. Now I just have to find a way to set her up so she doesn't lean over time. Unfortunately, that's a common problem with the piece.
Old 03-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #3338
Luminous
Cyclops

If anyone is looking for the FS Gladiator (Kallark) or FS Chrome Silver surfer shoot me a PM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 06:30 PM   #3339
mmk123

I do see what you mean about the Reed and Sue statues I had both of the first ones that Bowen did and I thought the Mr. fantastic statue was OK I just didn’t like the facial expression on Sue
That’s why I ended up getting the clear version because you knew she was the invisible girl but you didn’t have to see that petrified jack Kirby facial expression that she always had
Old 03-03-2022, 07:05 PM   #3340
Mister H
Gen 13

Seeing all these crazy price hikes on 1/6 scale statues makes me want to just go back exclusively to Bowen Designs.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote