Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-27-2023, 06:24 PM   #131
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I’ve just paid it off, so it looks like I’ll finally be receiving this from Sugo very soon.

From ordering to shipping its going to be about 18-19 months. Not too bad all in all. ETA was originally December 2022 (quarter?), so only 3 months late, which isn’t too bad for a silicone piece.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:09 PM   #132
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I?ve just paid it off, so it looks like I?ll finally be receiving this from Sugo very soon.

From ordering to shipping its going to be about 18-19 months. Not too bad all in all. ETA was originally December 2022 (quarter?), so only 3 months late, which isn?t too bad for a silicone piece.
Just got my invoice too, great to finally get this.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 11:34 AM   #133
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I paid Queen the remaining balance and shipping exactly 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive shipping confirmation. Fingers crossed it's on a boat somewhere and has actually shipped.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:28 PM   #134
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I should hopefully be getting this in today.

Because of the hair, I’m a bit iffy about bothering to take any photos. At least until I spend too much time ‘trying’ to style it.

EDIT: DELIVERED!! now the long 4 hours until I get home after work.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:06 AM   #135
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I’ve just unboxed it. And I’m pretty happy with it. This is straight out of the box, and I haven’t done anything with the hair yet.

The silicone reminds me of the 1/2 scale cap, where instead of being a tad oily, it’s more or less completely dry. I’m guessing they’ve applied some sort of topical powder.

This is my first life size MCU bust of a human character with an unmasked portrait, and I’m quite impressed with the skin paint application. It looks like every natural colour you can think of has been used to create the tones and layers of the skin.

Though I knew this from the prototype, I wish there was at least a bit of natural hairs around the chin and upper lip area. Because as it is now, it’s like he’s gone for a wax or something.

The nameplate is half the size of the previous busts. People who hate nameplates will like that it connects via magnet, without a peg hole into the base.

This has got to be the hardest silicone piece that I have, as all the others I have (5), have a bit more give or flex in the silicone when you press into it.

The base imo is probably weighted a bit too much, but it does the job.

The light up is powered by two AA batteries, and it’s switched on by an easy to access button. BUT, in order to access the battery compartment, you have to lift the bust off of the base! What makes it more annoying, is that if you leave off the battery cover, you can access one of the batteries while it’s on the base, but probably not the other. They should’ve thought that one through. I’ll probably never use the light up on a ongoing basis, but it’ll be easy enough to wire it up with a battery eliminator,

Old 03-31-2023, 05:11 AM   #136
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Old 03-31-2023, 09:07 AM   #137
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Wow that looks incredible, great pics.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:47 AM   #138
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wow, it looks very good for straight out of the box. I considered cancelling this because I had doubts about paying over $3k but now I'm very glad I didn't. Hoping mine comes soon.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:34 AM   #139
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Looks excellent! Now where's the switch-out masked head?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:49 AM   #140
pdenham
Teen Titans

Looks better than any con pics I've seen of this.

The paint job on the skin is the most realistic I've seen so far.
The JND Mera looks exceptional in that regard too, but this appears to be carrying it even further.

And brother, did you get lucky with that hair straight out of the box! Queen certainly made some big improvements in that area since the initial reveals.

Hell of a piece- congrats!
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote