Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-14-2021, 05:16 PM   #2911
Dundee
Hydra

The quills look very sharp compared to the JH 1/4.

Seriously f@@k prime 1, they cut too many corners on their preds. The JH 1/3 may come with a lot of bells and whistles but it means sh1t all if the quality is subpar.

There is no excuses to have ugly, thick blunted quills.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:43 PM   #2912
Blade3327
Nightwing

Paint apps are indeed great, as they should be for this price. Nice gloss coat. And even though the dots on Classic's body aren't crisp like Prime 1's, the airbrushed aesthetic makes them more pleasing to look at. It reads like organic spotting rather than crude, messy paint splotches. And of course, Berserker is perfect. I can't imagine Prime 1 taking him on and doing as good a job.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:32 AM   #2913
Dundee
Hydra

Agree the berserker is faultless, the sculpt is stunning. You can actually see the care and attention given to the statue, similar to JNDs DK joker. When done right, a mass produced statue does not look like a mass produced statue, but a unique, quality piece of art.

Wish I could say the same with Prime 1... but from what I've seen recently, their products look average to above average at best. I love my prime 1 endo but if QS or JND were to do an endo rendition, I'm fairly confident it'll easily exceed prime 1.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #2914
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Paint apps are indeed great, as they should be for this price. Nice gloss coat. And even though the dots on Classic's body aren't crisp like Prime 1's, the airbrushed aesthetic makes them more pleasing to look at. It reads like organic spotting rather than crude, messy paint splotches. And of course, Berserker is perfect. I can't imagine Prime 1 taking him on and doing as good a job.
I have to totally agree with you, and I 'm not even a proponent of soft edge/airbrushed spots. Their shapes also make sense, relative to each other. P1 needs to be taking serious notes here.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #2915
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
P1 needs to be taking serious notes here.
The fact that we have to say this (for one of the top tier statue makers out there) is .... a bit concerning.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 01:49 PM   #2916
Jungle Demon
Hydra

I only own Prime 1 1/4 Geralt the Witcher. They did a stunning paint job. No complains at all.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:03 PM   #2917
SDguy

Yeah, I'm not painting P1 with that broad a brush, just pointing out what they need to improve on relative to their 1/4 Predator release.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #2918
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Agree the berserker is faultless, the sculpt is stunning. You can actually see the care and attention given to the statue, similar to JNDs DK joker. When done right, a mass produced statue does not look like a mass produced statue, but a unique, quality piece of art.

Wish I could say the same with Prime 1... but from what I've seen recently, their products look average to above average at best. I love my prime 1 endo but if QS or JND were to do an endo rendition, I'm fairly confident it'll easily exceed prime 1.
I agree with this 100%. They need better artist with more time to paint these statues. After all, they pinned us with a huge increase on prices. Doubling prices & lackluster paint apps won't last for long.

I said it once and I'll say it again....They better bring their "A Game" on this real Jungle Hunter. It needs to look alive and breathing good.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 06:37 AM   #2919
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I agree with this 100%. They need better artist with more time to paint these statues. After all, they pinned us with a huge increase on prices. Doubling prices & lackluster paint apps won't last for long.

I said it once and I'll say it again....They better bring their "A Game" on this real Jungle Hunter. It needs to look alive and breathing good.

I'm not expecting the best predator artist in the world to paint these, but I'm at least expecting they use the very best artists they have in town and as previously mentioned, this project to be monitored by their senior/lead project dude/dudets in its entirety from the beginning to the end.

In fact, they should aim to exceed the prototype. I want every predator fans jaw to hit the ground when receiving this in hand (in a good way )
Old 12-18-2021, 06:19 AM   #2920
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I only own Prime 1 1/4 Geralt the Witcher. They did a stunning paint job. No complains at all.

I only have two Prime 1 items currently (ID4 Alien bust and 1/4 City hunter) Both are the highest quality statues I have. Although others opinions and some product images on line do have me wondering if future items I buy from them will be of the same high standards. This one has to be otherwise I won't even consider buying anything else from them, I think they are aware of the stakes with this one however. They simply can't have a repeat of the 1/4 version here...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote