Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
When is the preorder again?
I believe all we know is June.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:52 PM   #463
Dundee
Hydra

Gary has confirmed the 1/4 JH if standing upright is about 27 to 27.5 inches, approximately 1/3.5 scale (which was also my estimate on page 39). Makes sense why it was priced 1.5-1.7k as it is substantially bigger than the fugitive and CH.

If this 87 JH is a true 1/3 scale, it can't be that much more in cost. Keep in mind they've also got the CH 1/3 as well, me thinks Prime 1 would not risk over scaling the JH otherwise they'll need to do the same with the CH 1/3. Reveal to come very soon, let see how this pans out!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:36 PM   #464
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Are you kidding m? (come on now) Do you really believe a 90 lb. chick is just as equally, capably strong, believable, physically & mentally spiritually fit, to actually best a Predator as if it was in reality?b

It's all about checking off the boxes these days. Aliens is my 2nd favorite movie of all time, with a female lead, but now a days, it's all about forced diversity, with zero chemistry & believablity. It goes against your own common sense...

It's like they're daring people to say something negative, so they can piss & moan to sensor their perspective. (Oh, I'm offended) boo who... I'm huge Predator fan, but this new flick can kiss my arse. It's going to be a huge flop Guaranteed, & everybody knows it..... They can't come up with their own IP's, so they resurrect & tarnish all the good flicks, to upset the real fans... That's ok though.... there's plenty of old school flicks & videogames to last me entertainment wise, the rest of my life...
Not going to derail this thread but I wanted to chime in and say I completely agree with this.

I loved the first Terminator Movie and Aliens. However, there is a major difference between those heroines and the ones today.

The ladies from those movies didn't start off all perfect and kicking arse out of nowhere. They were thrown into a bad situation and simply trying to stay alive. Later on they evolved to the point where they are resourceful. Also, it helped that they had actual personalities that fans remember them. Today's Female Heroes have the personality of a rice cake. Nobody in Hollywood will dare take a risk putting a flaw in a woman (aka,make her human) because it'll piss off the 'Woke' crazies. So they keep them "perfect" (stale and safe.)

Overall, Movies today on the focus more on some sort of 'woke' message than trying to make an actual good movie.

And finally, yes just about every movie blockbuster is a rehash of something. No originality.

As for this handsome Predator, I want him, but I need to wait. Godzilla won my heart this month. With four statues now on order I have to be a good boy for a little while
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:10 AM   #465
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I believe all we know is June.
I believe I asked what day. It was mentioned, at least the week, but I don't remember. I guess it's complicated getting that info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee
If this 87 JH is a true 1/3 scale, it can't be that much more in cost. Keep in mind they've also got the CH 1/3 as well, me thinks Prime 1 would not risk over scaling the JH otherwise they'll need to do the same with the CH 1/3. Reveal to come very soon, let see how this pans out!
And what happens it they overscale things, nobody gets hurt. The bigger the better. It is common practice at Prime1.

As a matter of fact the 1/4 JH is almost 1/3.

The Predator Cinemaquette is already 1/3 overscaled; As Prime1 competitive is, I don't believe they made this predator a milimeter shorter than that, au contraire. So expect a big predator 1987 statue, which is very cool in my book.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:57 AM   #466
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
The Predator Cinemaquette is already 1/3 overscaled; As Prime1 competitive is, I don't believe they made this predator a milimeter shorter than that, au contraire.
As people have quoted the Cinemaquette statue is 31" so overscaled is not true.

31" x 2.54cm x 3 = 236cm
Kevin Peter Hall = 220cm and the pred suit+mask made him even bigger. So that would be correct height.

If the 3" base height has to be deducted, the cinemaquette is rather undersized than oversized.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:20 AM   #467
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

31" x 2.54cm x 3 = 236cm
Kevin Peter Hall = 220cm and the pred suit+mask made him even bigger. So that would be correct height.

If the 3" base height has to be deducted , the cinemaquette is rather undersized than oversized.
If you include base dimensions or don't factor in bends of the figure (like at the knee, or hunched over) then you are simply talking about the statue height, not the subject's actual scale.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:28 AM   #468
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Not going to derail this thread but I wanted to chime in and say I completely agree with this.

I loved the first Terminator Movie and Aliens. However, there is a major difference between those heroines and the ones today.

The ladies from those movies didn't start off all perfect and kicking arse out of nowhere. They were thrown into a bad situation and simply trying to stay alive. Later on they evolved to the point where they are resourceful. Also, it helped that they had actual personalities that fans remember them. Today's Female Heroes have the personality of a rice cake. Nobody in Hollywood will dare take a risk putting a flaw in a woman (aka,make her human) because it'll piss off the 'Woke' crazies. So they keep them "perfect" (stale and safe.)

Overall, Movies today on the focus more on some sort of 'woke' message than trying to make an actual good movie.

And finally, yes just about every movie blockbuster is a rehash of something. No originality.

As for this handsome Predator, I want him, but I need to wait. Godzilla won my heart this month. With four statues now on order I have to be a good boy for a little while
Yep, you hit the nail right on the head about the present day female strong woman roles.

It's all about politics these days. Just look at the Grammys for instance. It just had the lowest ratings in history, because it's nothing but actors shouting political slogans & lecturing regular people, while they do the opposite of what they preach. Flying around in private jets, while the cry about climate change etc. They're political activists that inject their beliefs in their films. Movies also have to be passed through the Chinese censors for approval & are targeted for the socially engineered youth. They need those China bucks!

If you can't connect the dots of why movies are so bad these days, you're blind. That's the last thing I'll mention about it, until the NEW Predator movie comes out and I can say, "Told you so".... Lol... Anyways, back to the statue.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:27 AM   #469
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

31" x 2.54cm x 3 = 236cm

If the 3" base height has to be deducted, the cinemaquette is rather undersized than oversized.
I've seen it in person and I have a Narin Wolf Predator bust made with the same size on purpose and it predates (...) every 1/3 human statue that you can imagine, is not a matter of height but physical mass, volume. It's just too big to be in a true 1/3 scale line.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:18 PM   #470
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I never thought the CM Pred was too big. In fact I thought he was just about perfectly scaled. The pics of him next to CM Endo and others, he looks appropriately larger than his human-sized CM counterparts.

This statue has to be bigger than the CM, for bragging rights.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote