Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-11-2023, 02:20 AM   #5361
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Thank you the answer guys! Dundee and Mr. Shoos your masks have only glue marks? Can you see the edge of the lenses? Or they are glued in correctly? By the way my detailed mask is perfect too.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:26 AM   #5362
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Cool unboxing and some good tips about legs. It's the most tricky part. Prepare your hairdryer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFR94b5skM
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:21 PM   #5363
Halcyon
New Republic

Arrow

Me and my brother placed and took out my legs four times now and most collectors don't need any hairdryer. Applying heat on everything is FB talk.

Placing legs on the base / The main trick is two people,
> One is holding the back leg with one hand (at knee height) and other hand at the foot. Keep the small peg hovering 6mm (1/4 inch) above its footmark (and at same angle).
> Other person hold front leg with two hands and slide foot 1/3 of the lenght around large peg (hold it there).
> Then the small peg halfway in its hole, keep fingers around the foot to hold it at that height too.
> Then both persons, simultaneously slide both feet down towards base. Done.

And small thin cloth underneath toenails is always good, bcs foot can clamp around peg if angle from pair legs is bit wrong and then one person tries to compensate and the whole thing is down before you know it. Better save then sorry.
But think my method is the standard method you should try first (before heating anything).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:32 PM   #5364
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Thank you the answer guys! Dundee and Mr. Shoos your masks have only glue marks? Can you see the edge of the lenses? Or they are glued in correctly? By the way my detailed mask is perfect too.
My detailed mask you can see the edge of lense (bcs you see it as a whitish line) and where it is dark the lense has good fit and/or glued properly.

Did you buy direct from Prime, you can always ask for replacement if your not satisfied. Through retailers is much more work, bcs have to convince them to make an effort for you.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 04:01 PM   #5365
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
My detailed mask you can see the edge of lense (bcs you see it as a whitish line) and where it is dark the lense has good fit and/or glued properly.

Did you buy direct from Prime, you can always ask for replacement if your not satisfied. Through retailers is much more work, bcs have to convince them to make an effort for you.
So it is pretty much like on my photos right? Sadly I didn't bought it from P1. I asked the retailer and they sent the request to P1. We will see. To be honest it is bothering me to a degree but it is not that noticable unless I am sitting in the statues face which I am not gonna do. And maybe the replacement won't be better either. If this would be with the detailed mask I wouldn't care since I am only gonna display him with the actual movie mask.

This is why I am trying to get help from you guys because if your statues are similar compared to mine than probably I am not going to try and replace the prop mask.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 04:26 PM   #5366
Jungle Demon
Hydra

There is one problem with getting replacement parts: These parts are shipped from Chinese factory. Prime 1 don't have a control over that. They can sent you even worse looking part. But always let them know about issues with the statue. They will adjust production process.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 05:48 PM   #5367
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
The edges of the lens are fine on mine. It should look like the detaile mask, the lens and edge no different.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:32 PM   #5368
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

What frightens me is I won’t get mine till December and parts will be pretty much nonexistent by then. So I will be stuck with what got or stuck out.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:33 PM   #5369
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

What frightens me is I won?t get mine till December and parts will be pretty much nonexistent by then. So I will be stuck with what got or stuck out.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:36 PM   #5370
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ “Why’d you say that twice?”

“I said, I didn’t… you see, it was because of the echo… an echo.”
* walks off defeated in shame
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote