Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-01-2021, 12:28 PM   #11
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
This was shown last June, but I guess it took a long time to get licensing approval or something.

The base is him standing over brood, unsure if its changed since then.

It is better look/pose than the XM 1/4th IMO, tho still dislike they used what just looks like belts connected together, and the visor has a line directly in the middle, which looks odd, but i guess that's to show that it opens from the middle?
Is there a picture of this anywhere? I can't find it.

Although I haven't seen the base, I hope its changed. Yes, Sentinel Bases are almost too common but the problem with the brood is that it doesn't have a specific history with Cyclops and it may clash with Magneto. I'd have him standing over Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse (If somebody tried to kill my infant with a virus, I'd want to blast him to hell)
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:17 PM   #12
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Northern - I suspect IF there is a female, it will not be Storm or Jean. It will be Captain Marvel or Scarlet Witch. I wish it was Storm, in a non-Lee outfit, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am surprised that Marvel has not put Scott and Jean in the Jim Lee costumes since those costumes seem to be the only ones that get made into statues or in any art prints.
It's such a played out look on him. I really like his current suit a lot and I liked the "X" visor suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
This was shown last June, but I guess it took a long time to get licensing approval or something.

The base is him standing over brood, unsure if its changed since then.

It is better look/pose than the XM 1/4th IMO, tho still dislike they used what just looks like belts connected together, and the visor has a line directly in the middle, which looks odd, but i guess that's to show that it opens from the middle?
Standing over the Brood?! That's a fun change of pace! But hell, Storm had a better Brood storyline than he did. It should be her, in her original outfit, standing over the Brood. Also, wasn't Cyclops not wearing this suit in many of the Brood encounters?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #13
SONICobra
Batman

left arm looks a little weird just floating in space there like hes putting on the gun show
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #14
komodo112

I think this was it

Cyclops is kind of tricky. I hope he doesn't end up with an awkward leaning pose. Even the 1/4 XM Statue kind of has it.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #15
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This pose is just too similar to what they did with the 1/4. Only change I see is which leg is bent. I like the shape of the visor and he looks taller on in this 1/3 than the 1/4, so those are upgrades. I just wonder who will really be in the market for a 1/3 Cyclops that is in the same suit as all of the others on the market?

Also, I don't understand the base. I don't recall the Brood being in containment or fighting around containment, but it has been a while since I read older Brood issues.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:49 PM   #16
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am surprised that Marvel has not put Scott and Jean in the Jim Lee costumes since those costumes seem to be the only ones that get made into statues or in any art prints.
For Cyclops they did.

Leading up to House of X that’s what Cyclops was wearing. But he had the silver colored Astonishing visor with it.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #17
Peedi
The Secret Six

Wow there’s really a Cyclops in 1/3 now. I only have one 1/3, soon will be 2, I’m hesitant to dive in more. Between XM and PCS one can really build out a 1/3 Marvel collection at this point, times are a changing!

Just give me Storm and Black Panther.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:06 PM   #18
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Face looks awkward and I am not a fan of how they positioned either of his hands.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:29 PM   #19
komodo112

Another preview

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7502.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	143710
Old 11-01-2021, 08:03 PM   #20
ozboy
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh yay, another Jim Lee Cyclops.

Are we ever going to see a female character in this line? Or, is this going to be like Sideshow's life size bust line where a female has never been made?
Well they finally did Harley... I think there's very real concerns a life size female bust might be sexually assaulted or exploited .
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote