Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park Barbasol Cryocan

Since nobody started the thread about this product I've decided to do it, just to give all the fans a couple of things to consider about this "replica that is painstakingly recreated from original prop" as it is mentioned on Chronicle Collectibles Instagram page
It seems to me that the Rotunda Rex scenario and claims about original scan, etc... is happening again, so without further delay, let's go straight to the point

These are pics from CC Barbasol can

These are pics from original prop at Universal expo. Please notice that they are not in the best resolution, but key differences are visible

And finally one screenshot from the movie

As a great fan of JP and this prop, I will point out onto next differences...

First, regarding thin white lines, as you can see, they are all going behind the main Barbasol logo text and all other text on the can. If you look closely on the movie screencap and photo from original prop, you will find that the thin line ends a little bit before it touches every letter. Checkout for example letter B from Barbasol logo, and background behind the letter and you will know what I'm talking about, you will see the line all the way behind letter B and every other letter on CC's piece

Second, please check back of the can... Again, most notable difference is the barcode and Italic letters on CC's can. Also, checkout bottom text. On original prop it says
"CONSUMER HEALTH CARE DIVISION. PFIZER INC. DIST., NY, NY 10017"
while on CC it's
"CONSUMER HEALTH CARE GROUP. PFIZER INC. NEW YORK, NY 10017"

There are some other small diferences I could point out more, but I think this was enough... So much about CC and their "painstakingy accurate products", they are not capable of reconstructing a simple can graphic and yet they have the courage to look the fans in the eyes and lie to them, selling them all kind of bullsh.t stories
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:07 PM   #2
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Wow, you'd think the made the can square by that harsh review...They might be able to revise those details still.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:28 AM   #3
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I guess....
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Wow, you'd think the made the can square by that harsh review...They might be able to revise those details still.
Wow, you think you've made a fool of me, always pretending you're objective and defending them with your comments when it's clear to everyone that you're deep in Chronicle's ass
Yes, I made the can square with that harsh review, and I can only hope for those fans that ordered one that they will revise those details, and if they really do it, it will probably be because of "my harsh review". There are still couple of details that are not accurate, but I ill keep them for myself and wait to see if they will match them
You're clearly missing the point, maybe some fans don't care about those details, but they are visible, very visible, and I'm just pointing out on CC's false advertising policy, same like their Rotunda Rex for example. They are selling balls instead of kidneys, couldn't replicate simple can graphic, pretending they have access to original prop... Yeah, right...
Old 07-27-2019, 11:31 PM   #5
Themarkmail

Great you finally made this thread of Cryocan. We totally want this product.
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:36 AM   #6
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Wow, you think you've made a fool of me,
You are doing a fine job of that by yourself...It's one thing to point out it needs a few MINOR tweaks, but you don't need to be a dick about it.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:46 AM   #7
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:29 AM   #8
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You are doing a fine job of that by yourself...It's one thing to point out it needs a few MINOR tweaks, but you don't need to be a dick about it.
Of course I need to... I need to be big black dick about it when they are claiming they have access to original prop and can't rewrite simple text, like it's a whole novel there on the can
Barbasol cryocan replica is out there on the market for years... Fans could've always bought unlicensed piece from Rylo (I'm guessing he is making these for CC so it's basically the same thing, unlicensed or not it's top quality), but the thing that fans expected from CC is the accurate can shape and 1993 graphic. As I see it, it's the can that's in the first plan and mechanism in second, the can is what makes it different comparing with unlicensed pieces
Sorry, but I wouldn't call those "minor" mistakes when you have 5 sentences on the can and can't replicate them exactly, not to mention fonts, background and other "minor" things
Old 07-28-2019, 05:22 PM   #9
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Dude.... you need to get laid

Seriously.... get out more.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #10
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Dude.... you need to get laid

Seriously.... get out more.
Dude... don't you worry about my sex life
Seriously, if you can go to bed with tranny which has one minor mistake, then good for you