Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-14-2023, 07:28 AM   #1
Shoo
Hercules

Queen Studios: The King of Fighters '97 - Mai Shiranui Life-Size Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
MAI SHIRANUI LIFE-SIZE BUST BY QUEEN STUDIOS
----------------------------------------------------
About the Character
Mai Shiranui is a female ninja descended from the Shiranui ninjas. ?The Alluring Ninja Girl? wears a red and white Kunoichi dress, with circular white ropes secured around her shoulders. As one of the founders of the Women Fighters Team, she posses devastating skill and power to take down her enemy, while she carries her iconic white Kachō Sen ("butterfly fan") as her primary weapon.

About the Bust
Designed by Queen Studios, the 1/1 life-size Mai Shiranui silicone captures ?The Alluring Ninja Girl? in her classic red and white ninja costume from the King of Fighters '97. QS? team of expert artists use advanced technology to sculpt the character?s beautiful facial structure. Platinum silicone is used to recreate the real skin look and feel with a light blush. Her hair is meticulously rooted one by one, before being professionally styled.

Body and Base
Mai Shiranui?s outfit is a clear stand out in King of Fighters ?97. To recreate the costume, the QS team have hand-picked the finest materials to do the character?s outfit justice. Once selected, the team cut and style the fabric to create an authentic look that brings the character to life. For the base, Queen Studios? artists selected classic Japanese architectural elements to reflect the background of Mai. Flames have also been added to highlight one of Shiranui?s powers, creating a strong dynamic aesthetic.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:55 AM   #2
Shoo
Hercules

Old 03-14-2023, 07:55 AM   #3
Shoo
Hercules

Old 03-14-2023, 07:56 AM   #4
Shoo
Hercules

Old 03-14-2023, 07:56 AM   #5
Shoo
Hercules

Old 03-14-2023, 07:59 AM   #6
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Face looks really weird to me. Take away the costume and I'd have to guess a long time to get Mai Shiranui.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:27 AM   #7
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Haaaaaard pass. Holy crap I was waiting so long for that bust. Doesn’t look like Mai at all. Some random chick in a Mai cosplay.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:00 AM   #8
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Face looks cute and I like the pose, but man her outfit looks terrible. It seems too covering for an outfit known for its cleavage, and it just looks sloppy. They couldn't even get rid of the creases before taking these shots? It seems odd that the prototype looks this weak in the fabric department. Makes me scared to imagine what it will look like in-hand.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:15 AM   #9
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Damn, I‘m getting used to it. Still wish they used a little bit more silicone for the chest.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:17 AM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Face looks cute and I like the pose, but man her outfit looks terrible. It seems too covering for an outfit known for its cleavage, and it just looks sloppy. They couldn't even get rid of the creases before taking these shots? It seems odd that the prototype looks this weak in the fabric department. Makes me scared to imagine what it will look like in-hand.
Totally agree. I said basically the same thing in the other thread. The fabric is atrocious.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote