Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #191
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Man this is amazing! Got mine the other day!
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:58 PM   #192
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
You’re right. It should be 250. Whoever was assigned base duty just didn’t care lol.

I don’t want to mess anything up. I’m surprised I’m not too bothered by the flaws really. The brush hair is one thing and really I can ignore it but I probably shouldn’t ignore the fact it’s not just the hair, it’s also the white spot on his head. Call me spoiled but to me I’m not paying over $1000 to fix something myself that should’ve been caught before making it out of production. Minor flaws are understandable on hand painted pieces but I shouldn’t receive and have to correct mistakes. If that’s the case I need to be paid my labor hours if I have to do work. So this would be a full body request. But also I just don’t even feel like it lol. I think I’m still caught up in how cool it looks otherwise since the flaws are relatively small.
Yes I know and you're right, but just saying it is doable, even for non painters like us (esp. plain colours).

For these rediculous prices, we shouldn't have to.
Atm i'm fixing a few small eyesores of my older sideshow pieces. It worked out :-) but yes it is tensive work.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #193
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes I know and you're right, but just saying it is doable, even for non painters like us (esp. plain colours).

For these rediculous prices, we shouldn't have to.
Atm i'm fixing a few small eyesores of my older sideshow pieces. It worked out :-) but yes it is tensive work.
Glad it worked out though! Nice!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:52 AM   #194
Ralek
Fantastic Four

This has been my first PCS statue as well as my first 1/3 piece. First off, I was really impressed by PCS packaging! It's very solid and gives of a high-end vibe right away.

Secondly, the piece itself is an absolutely stunner, as many here have said before.

I had a bit of a hard time with putting the exclusive webbing in place, and I am still not 100% happy with how I have it placed right now. That said, I still think it adds a lot to the piece and despite the aforementioned difficulties I really like the fact, that we can be a bit creative with "posing" it, which is normally not possible with statues.

The sculpt is in my view immaculate. Really no complaints. Everything fits together nicely, each peg only goes into one slot and I really liked how the base was designed so as to hide quite a bit of the seams that are as such unavoidable.

I also have surprisingly few issues with the paintjob. There were like 2 or so tiny spots that were not perfect, but given the size of this piece and the fine details, I have to say it has some of the best paint job I have seen. For example, there was a small white spot on his fingers I found distracting. Luckily I found an edding that almost perfectly matches the color, so I made short work of this spot and can no longer tell where it had been.

I think my biggest "gripe", and it's not really a gripe, more something I would have done differently, is the base. It's a bit too massive, I would have liked a bit more of translucent look for it, given the theme, and I think it ties the piece a bit to tightly to the first Spider-Man game. I'm saying this in light of the recent announcement of the 1:3 Venom, which would/could/should pair up nicely with this one. That said, the base does look excellent and while it's "negatives" also come with positives, like it being uniquely gorgeous by itself. It's not just your everyday drab wall or building top.

All in all, this is easily my favourite Spidey piece to date. The pose is perfect and really has a presence in this size like few other pieces I own. I also really like my smaller 1/5 JSC Spidey with a comparable pose, but this goes several levels above that. There is a certain sense of weight to it that leaves an impression right away!

I am a bit biased towards the piece, because I really think this is my favourite suit yet. If you feel the same, and maybe even loved the game on top of that, this piece is a must have.

Long story short, I am super happy with the exclusive edition. It instantly became one of these pieces I know, I will never sell (unless I have no other choice for one reason or another).

Not much for ratings, but I were I'll give it 9.9/10, given my "gripes" with the base. And yes, that is really nitpicking on my part. The tiny issues with the paint don't influence my judgement here. I had pieces half the sizes with twice the issues and the ones here were super minor and easy fices. I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect paint, but this gets close enough.

Really excited now for Venom and hopefully Miles Morales soon. I have no idea where I'll put them, but if they are as good as this one, this will be the definitive Spider-Man collection for the time being (if you are not hang up on a classic costume that is).
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #195
80ninjas
Doh!

Got mine this week and finally assembled it today. I've only just started getting into bigger pieces and this is the first one to go into my new Moducale display wall.

I absolutely LOVE what they've done here. Spidey looks amazing and the suit makes it look like fabric. I do think the base has too many parts and would have liked it to be a bit smaller, but overall this is a phenomenal piece. I really hope they do one of Miles because that would be a great complimenting piece.
80ninjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:29 PM   #196
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So PCS 1/3 Marvel license is only for video game versions of characters?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #197
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #198
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Yes
That's good depending the character. Thor doesn't look that good in that game. I was hoping for a classic Thor.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:03 PM   #199
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
That's good depending the character. Thor doesn't look that good in that game. I was hoping for a classic Thor.
Well you got baby legs Venom instead.

I’m hoping for 1/3 Miles. But other than that I agree, some of the video game designs don’t work well as large statues, it depends on the character as well as the particular game’s art style.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:07 PM   #200
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Well you got baby legs Venom instead.

I’m hoping for 1/3 Miles. But other than that I agree, some of the video game designs don’t work well as large statues, it depends on the character as well as the particular game’s art style.
I don’t think Venom’s legs look tiny. I’m waiting to see the price.