Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Raider
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

white resin ?

hi chaps,

i mave a model i want to copy so i can have a 2nd one to change and alter the design, dont want to work on the origional incase i mess it up.

i was wondering whats the best resin to buy that will give me strength and 0 bubbles, ive had stuff in the past but it was quite brittle. Any ideas? im not looking for Expensive stuff or realy cheap rubbish, about a mid ranged product. Places in the UK would be better as im from there.

Thanks in advance
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Alphaduce
Kindly Asked To Leave

if you are wondering why most people dont want to help you, it is because to them you are talking taboo by duplicating a sculpt.

To me, and the way that i see it is you are probably just lookin to do somethin simple and keep it to yourself, and not to mass produce an sell.
if you was then why in the heck would you post here, obviously that wouldnt make any sense at all.
someone that intended to mass produce other peoples work wouldnt even bother to post here
( in my opinion ).

psychology tells me that you are pretty much a harmless average joe just lookin to mess around for hobby-istic purposes.

am i wrong?
Alphaduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Raider
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

the model i have is one i made 5 years ago when i was younger so dont want to destroy it, looking to add to the sculpt without messing up my origional as it has memories of my early days. If people want to see only the bad for someone asking for casting help then they and go jump off a bridge or not read my post. theres not enough trust in this world at times.
If i was into that business like you say i would not post hear and i can cast with resin anyway its not hard.
im after advice on a good resin that will stay in my own personal collection so if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Raider
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
Alphaduce
Kindly Asked To Leave

i really dont know much but from what i hear smooth on makes good stuff
Alphaduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
modelnutz
Doh!

Smooth-On's SC-300 and 305 are very easy to use resins.
Thin like water so they de-gas nicely.
Snap cure to a hard white plastic.
7-9 min cure with 300
15 - 20 min cure with 305
modelnutz is offline   Reply With Quote