Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 05-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

First4Figures 1/4 Ornstein

Prepare to buy guys

JorgeLoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

His helmet looks awesome!

I can't put into words how excited I am for this.

Two of my favorite game bosses of all time (Artorias and Ornstein) are being made into hiqh quality statues. I'll be forever grateful to F4F for picking up the Dark Souls license.

Can't wait to see their progress on Smough, because you can't have Ornstein without his partner in crime.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
His helmet looks awesome!

I can't put into words how excited I am for this.

Two of my favorite game bosses of all time (Artorias and Ornstein) are being made into hiqh quality statues. I'll be forever grateful to F4F for picking up the Dark Souls license.

Can't wait to see their progress on Smough, because you can't have Ornstein without his partner in crime.
As much as I hope they make Smough, I am a little doubtful it will happen. 1:4 Smough would be so massive lol
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
JorgeLoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
As much as I hope they make Smough, I am a little doubtful it will happen. 1:4 Smough would be so massive lol
They already said on FB that this won't be true 1/4 (bummer lol), so maybe will get a decently large smough eventually. So far there has only been talk of Artorias, Ornstein, Sif and Solaire.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:54 PM   #5
BurningRage
Inhumans

Like that they're going deep into this license like Tekken.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
Frostlord
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So I'm happy the are making Ornstein.
It's gonna look so good next to Artorias.
Wonder of they will make all 4 Knights?
Frostlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:33 PM   #7
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This was a great surprise for the day.

Hope we get to see more of artorias soon.
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:46 AM   #8
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeLoyo View Post
They already said on FB that this won't be true 1/4 (bummer lol), so maybe will get a decently large smough eventually. So far there has only been talk of Artorias, Ornstein, Sif and Solaire.
Wait what does that mean? Does that mean the whole line won't be 1:4 anymore?

I was wondering how they were planning to do Sif to begin with. Honestly given how many characters in Souls are significantly taller than a regular human, the license is probably best suited to 1:8 or 1:6th scale especially if we want to see things like Smough or The Dancer realized
Old 05-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
JorgeLoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Wait what does that mean? Does that mean the whole line won't be 1:4 anymore?

I was wondering how they were planning to do Sif to begin with. Honestly given how many characters in Souls are significantly taller than a regular human, the license is probably best suited to 1:8 or 1:6th scale especially if we want to see things like Smough or The Dancer realized
It means that even though they said it would be a 1/4 line it won't be due to the sheer size of character in the Dark Souls Universe, many collectors in their fan page don't grasp the concept of scale and think that 1/4 scale means around 20" tall

I'm a Huge Dark Souls fan so I would go for true 1/4 representations but most F4F fans won't, hell the keep whining about Samus being too big and they're always asking for more 1/6 statues instead of 1/4's. I even went on a small nerd rage trying to convince F4F of doing a true 1/4 scale for DS but the majority of fans wanted "smaller statues".

As an example, I don't know the exact size of Artorias, think he's like 3 and a half meter tall lol, so at 1/4 he would be 35" (huge), but here's what Alex said regarding his size:

Quote:
"Thanks for feedback guys - I will make them in scale with each other. Artorias, Sif, Ornstein are all now in the physical form Stading straight - these will be over 20" without the base. Solaire will be smaller than them - roughly 12" without the base, feather or pose - so they make sense when displayed next to each other."

So at the end It will be more like a 1/6 scale (or how they see it, a 1/4 scale for normal humans proportions). I really don't know if the marketing will change and they'll start advertising the line as a 1/6 scale or keep saying it's 1/4, I'm ok with having Ornstein and Artorias measuring little over 20" without base, the one I'm worried about is Solaire, imo I would rather sacrifice some consistency in scale between the line for have a taller sunbro \ [T] /
Old 05-13-2016, 05:23 PM   #10
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Eh this seems pretty silly to me. Just make them 1/8th scale. It's too confusing labeling them otherwise and it limits who they can be displayed with.

Because of how they are doing this it really requires this line be robust for displaying purposes. Otherwise I imagine they will look weird next to others. We will have to see.