T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

I know.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:23 AM   #802
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Awfully quite in here guys. Hope everyone is doing well.

On a personal note... pretty bummed about the fires in the Columbia River Gorge. Coincidentally my fiancé and I were supposed to be backpacking over Labor Day weekend on the Eagle Creek Trial where the fire started. We go every year and have (now had ) a cool little spot on the water we loved to setup camp, but at the last minute we decided not to go. Had we gone we'd have been in that group of 150 hikers that were caught between two wildfires and had to be evacuated as our spot was roughly 5 miles up the trail and the fire started a mile in. Had this been a true "natural disaster" it'd be a lot easier to swallow but knowing the fire was started by some punk ass 15yr old throwing fireworks off a cliff just makes my blood boil.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #803
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Awfully quite in here guys. Hope everyone is doing well.

On a personal note... pretty bummed about the fires in the Columbia River Gorge. Coincidentally my fiancé and I were supposed to be backpacking over Labor Day weekend on the Eagle Creek Trial where the fire started. We go every year and have (now had ) a cool little spot on the water we loved to setup camp, but at the last minute we decided not to go. Had we gone we'd have been in that group of 150 hikers that were caught between two wildfires and had to be evacuated as our spot was roughly 5 miles up the trail and the fire started a mile in. Had this been a true "natural disaster" it'd be a lot easier to swallow but knowing the fire was started by some punk ass 15yr old throwing fireworks off a cliff just makes my blood boil.
Glad to hear you two ended up not going. This whole situation infuriates me. I read somewhere about an interview with a lady that witnessed the stupid kids doing it and they didn't seem to look like that gave a damn about what they had done. SMFH.

As far as collecting goes, my interests have shifted lately! While I still love comics/statues, etc, I've dived into the world of building Gundam models, and so far, I really enjoy it.

Should have the Dark Phoenix statue by the end of the month, and then nothing until Thanos comes out. Contemplating the new Red Sonja, but will wait for the ES, as I have the last PF.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #804
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Glad to hear you two ended up not going. This whole situation infuriates me. I read somewhere about an interview with a lady that witnessed the stupid kids doing it and they didn't seem to look like that gave a damn about what they had done. SMFH.
Yeah, I've read several interviews with her. Apparently she caught them in the act, one kid was throwing a smoke bomb off the cliff while another filmed him. They were chuckling the whole time. Others heard loud bangs so I'm sure that's not all they tossed off the cliff as smoke bombs make no sound. She got on them for doing it but they didn't seem to care. She then high tailed it 1.5 miles down the trail to report them. Unfortunately it was too late to stop the fire but they were apprehended on their way down clearly trying to beat feet before getting caught. She even filmed their capture with her phone but for whatever reason they were not arrested, which I seriously don't understand. I get they're trying to build a solid case but when you have an eye witness they should at least have been arrested for reckless endangerment. Charges such as arson could've been added later if necessary as the investigation moved forward.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #805
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Yeah, I've read several interviews with her. Apparently she caught them in the act, one kid was throwing a smoke bomb off the cliff while another filmed him. They were chuckling the whole time. Others heard loud bangs so I'm sure that's not all they tossed off the cliff as smoke bombs make no sound. She got on them for doing it but they didn't seem to care. She then high tailed it 1.5 miles down the trail to report them. Unfortunately it was too late to stop the fire but they were apprehended on their way down clearly trying to beat feet before getting caught. She even filmed their capture with her phone but for whatever reason they were not arrested, which I seriously don't understand. I get they're trying to build a solid case but when you have an eye witness they should at least have been arrested for reckless endangerment. Charges such as arson could've been added later if necessary as the investigation moved forward.
Wow, they WEREN'T arrested!? That angers me beyond measure. When I found out that some young punks started this, I was curious what would happen to them, because this is a MAJOR problem.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:03 PM   #806
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
exactly lol I don't see myself ordering anything else until I receive the Thanos exclusive next year.
So much for not getting anything else. My waitlist converted for the Bane exclusive PF. I was trying to stay focused on Marvel statues but I caved on this. I bought some Bane art by Finch a few months ago so this piece will go perfect with it.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #807
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Wow, they WEREN'T arrested!? That angers me beyond measure. When I found out that some young punks started this, I was curious what would happen to them, because this is a MAJOR problem.
Yeah it's insane. I love this state but our mismanaged local government and lack of decisive action in so many areas, specifically when it comes to enforcing established laws, drives me nuts. If they go easy on this kid(s) I'm gonna lose it. Seems there is zero accountability in today's society.

Quote:
So much for not getting anything else. My waitlist converted for the Bane exclusive PF. I was trying to stay focused on Marvel statues but I caved on this. I bought some Bane art by Finch a few months ago so this piece will go perfect with it.
Congrats on the convert. That's an amazing looking PF. I'm trying to steer clear of 1:4 scale comic based pieces now but will admit I was almost pulled in with that one.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #808
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Nice man! Congrats on the convert! This is a pretty nice piece!

Quote:
Seems there is zero accountability in today's society.
Yep, which is exactly where our entire government is at, but I don't want to drag that BS into this.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #809
Davidian
Omega Flight

What's up Westside! Hope everyone is doing well. Just checking in and seeing how everyone is.

Looks like my last FP for Dark Phoenix just went through, so I should be getting her soon.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #810
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey David did you sign up over at the cgc boards?