Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
BoardGameBuddha
Fantastic Four

Prime1 Deathstroke vs SS Voltron HELP!

Hey gang,

So, I have a problem and I need help, I have pre-ordered the SS Voltron Maquette but I have also fallen in Love with the P1 AO 1/3 Deathstroke.

I am trying my best to stay patient for the Voltron to get some updated pics or an unboxing to see if he holds up to the Prototype and then another part of me wants DS.

Please help sway me one way or another...

P.S incase some say, "Buy Both" , sadly that is not an option....

Cheers!
BoardGameBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Honestly looking at both statues, I think the Deathstoke looks better. Would you be satisfied with just Slade or would you have to expand?

Voltron though is pretty much a stand alone piece that looks cool, I doubt they will bring out the vehicle team Voltron.
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:48 AM   #3
BoardGameBuddha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansen View Post
Honestly looking at both statues, I think the Deathstoke looks better. Would you be satisfied with just Slade or would you have to expand?

Voltron though is pretty much a stand alone piece that looks cool, I doubt they will bring out the vehicle team Voltron.

Hi Jansen, I am honestly not sure.... money flow is an issue for me to be sure, and I am a HUGE Voltron fan, I am worried about what we are going to see when the production pics come out hopefully soon... on the other hand, the DS Prime1 just Blows me away not to mention it is my 3 fav colors Orange/Blue and Grey :P

I am trying to gut out the wait, hopefully not much longer to go, should the Voltron turn out to be a fail, I will take my initial payment and get them to transfer it to Deathstroke and buy him.

Not sure why we become so obsessed...:P
Old 06-11-2017, 03:06 AM   #4
FJC
Midnighter

This is a no-brainer for me personally. It's Deathstroke hands down. To be fair though, I am not a Voltron fan in the least. I am however a HUGE Deathstroke fan. I own the EX P1 AO Deathstroke and I can honestly say it is a jaw dropping piece. It's truly special in every way. But, the real question is which one do you really want in your collection? Which character do you like most? All of our answers are biased. You need to pick up the character and statue you like best. If one of these 2 feels like an impulse purchase, I'd pass on that piece.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
BoardGameBuddha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
This is a no-brainer for me personally. It's Deathstroke hands down. To be fair though, I am not a Voltron fan in the least. I am however a HUGE Deathstroke fan. I own the EX P1 AO Deathstroke and I can honestly say it is a jaw dropping piece. It's truly special in every way. But, the real question is which one do you really want in your collection? Which character do you like most? All of our answers are biased. You need to pick up the character and statue you like best. If one of these 2 feels like an impulse purchase, I'd pass on that piece.
Hey FJC,

I am going to hold on till I can finally see the Production pics/unboxing and then make my decision, Voltron I am a HUGE fan of and Deathstroke is just a pure thing of beauty made from all my fav colors. If SS come though I will keep my initial payment and get Voltron, if not I will get it transfered over and pick up Deathstroke.

Thanks for all the advice guys!