Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #2511
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batminator View Post
Jerry, when can we see klassic Sub-Zero, and is he still up for pre-order monday the 6th? Thanks!
He is finished but i havent had time to photograph.

He will be bumped until May 13th or 20th

it will be announced in the newsletter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Jerry,

I was wondering if you can explain and give me a definitive answer of what an "artist proof" is or an unnumbered out of a certain number of pieces mean?

And how is Shao Kahn coming along?

Thanks!
There is no definitive answer. For some companies artist proofs literally mean early samples sent for approval...for other companies it can mean finished final product but unnumbered for delivery to the artists that worked on it and the licensor.

Some companies make 100 artist proofs, some make 5.

We tend to make ~15 and those go to our artists and licensor with a few held back to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
is that confirmation that Goro is MK9 or is there still a chance he'll be Klassic?
There is still a chance
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #2512
dao2
Cyclops

F5 is the refresh button.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #2513
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Edit
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #2514
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Jerry.Just one question for you, which is, a while ago when you first teased the 1/4 UMK3 klassic Sub Zero statue, he was posed the exact same way as the UMK3 1/4 klassic Scorpion, but recently, a new teaser pic of the klassic Sub Zero appears to show him posed like he appears on the VS. screen.Was the decision to change his stance made only after one of your former employees dropped[ouch!] the mold for the 1/4 klassic Sub Zero statue, or were you planning all along to have klassic Subs posed differently to Scorpion?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #2515
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hello again, Jerry.I just have a few questions regarding the UMK3 1/4 Scorpion statue, which are=
A.How much of an improvement will the final product of the UMK3 Scorpion statue be over the version shown on sideshow collectables website?
B.Is the finalized product fully painted, and if so, when can we expect to see it?
C.Which do you prefer, the MK9 or UMK3 Scorpion 1/4 statue?
D.And finally, regarding the upcoming UMK3 klassic 1/4 Sub Zero statue, will the regular version be available through secret compass?Cheers!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #2516
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hi Jerry,
I would like to know two things
a) what are your motives in your decision which 1:1 Mortal Kombat bust you gonna do next? Do you go with the most popular ones in hope to sell them fast or those you always liked to play by yourself in the game or maybe even the ones you see as a challenge to create?
b) which one will be the 3rd MK life-size bust ?
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #2517
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, Jerry.Just one question for you, which is, a while ago when you first teased the 1/4 UMK3 klassic Sub Zero statue, he was posed the exact same way as the UMK3 1/4 klassic Scorpion, but recently, a new teaser pic of the klassic Sub Zero appears to show him posed like he appears on the VS. screen.Was the decision to change his stance made only after one of your former employees dropped[ouch!] the mold for the 1/4 klassic Sub Zero statue, or were you planning all along to have klassic Subs posed differently to Scorpion?Cheers!
UMK3 Subbie was never posed the same as Scorpion.

That was just the untrained eyes misconception.

Trust me this happens a lot. I used to be bothered by how quickly collectors jumped to very incorrect conclusions based on a small teaser pic...but now I just find it amusing as I know nothing really matters until the final finished piece is shown.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #2518
Gorolives
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hi Jerry!
can we get a confirmed date of Reptile? and Alex please.
Gorolives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #2519
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
UMK3 Subbie was never posed the same as Scorpion.

That was just the untrained eyes misconception.

Trust me this happens a lot. I used to be bothered by how quickly collectors jumped to very incorrect conclusions based on a small teaser pic...but now I just find it amusing as I know nothing really matters until the final finished piece is shown.
I know what you mean.I remember when you first shown a teaser pic of the unpainted UMK3 Scorpion 1/4 statue, some guy had said something to the effect of''You've ruined my life now, this isn't Sub Zero's fighting stance!!!''or something like that, as they immedietly thought it was Sub Zero, only to discover later on it was klassic Scorpion.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #2520
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Is it safe to say Alex won't ship may 20th any more? And when will we see our first alpha character? Meaning character who first appeared in alpha. I remember you saying another female was in the works. Can you say which game she's from?