Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 06-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #3191
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You sure what you're seeing it chub rub and not some flaw in the printing process. Its pretty common on black prints.
To be honest im not sure. But maybe you can help and maybe determine what or why it came this way.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #3192
FROBAY
Phoenix

That's very common. It's not from the screen print process, it's from rubs when handling. I notice under the floorboards and other uk companies varnish the darker prints after screen printing to prevent rub marks when handling.

Actually the whitish marks/dots by the red look like it wasn't screened well. The other marks look to be scratch rubs, I have experienced this, if you like the print ask for a replacement or throw a 20.00 frame on it and hang it. I wouldn't spend the dough on a custom frame if it has rubs.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #3193
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yep, thats chub rub alright. Contact them to get a replacement. If they didn't lay some tissue paper on top of it before being rolled request that they do, it helps prevent this. Its not supposed to look like that.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #3194
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Thanks I see about getting a rreplacement. ..
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #3195
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Joshua Budich's Blade Runner print is now on sale.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #3196
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yep, thats chub rub alright. Contact them to get a replacement. If they didn't lay some tissue paper on top of it before being rolled request that they do, it helps prevent this. Its not supposed to look like that.

When I first started collecting I was often frustrated by the shipping charges the galleries charge, but anyone that has dealt w/ prints for a while can see they require a lot of extra effort to insure they are shipped properly. They are about as annoying as trying to pack up a statue you are getting rid of.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #3197
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Joshua Budich's Blade Runner print is now on sale.
Ordered
Old 06-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #3198
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well that Mark Englert TMNT release was a bunch of bs. I was in the site before all the prints were up. I refreshed and I only saw one print. That's how early I was in. When the turtle I wanted came up I clicked it and went to add to cart. I thought I had it. Only to find out that it was sold out/waiting for people to check out...I followed the instructions and waited...The add to cart button stayed there. Tempting me. It's crazy. It's like the old days of pulling tickets at Toys R Us for videogames only to have the teller say that the game is sold out or all the people ahead of you will get the game and you won't. Why leave the ticket there then?

Sadly, I like the Mondo system more now. At least you can try to get through the system. Or the add to cart button disappears fast.

At least this TMNT shouldn't go for more than $20-50 at most. If the flippers got them. If not the regular price should drop more with the extra 10 on the market.

Besides, I did get the Blaster Master print and that's limited to 10. Far more important than the TMNT which now has 160 out there. But I did want a specific turtle...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #3199
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Well that Mark Englert TMNT release was a bunch of bs. I was in the site before all the prints were up. I refreshed and I only saw one print. That's how early I was in. When the turtle I wanted came up I clicked it and went to add to cart. I thought I had it. Only to find out that it was sold out/waiting for people to check out...I followed the instructions and waited...The add to cart button stayed there. Tempting me. It's crazy. It's like the old days of pulling tickets at Toys R Us for videogames only to have the teller say that the game is sold out or all the people ahead of you will get the game and you won't. Why leave the ticket there then?

Sadly, I like the Mondo system more now. At least you can try to get through the system. Or the add to cart button disappears fast.

At least this TMNT shouldn't go for more than $20-50 at most. If the flippers got them. If not the regular price should drop more with the extra 10 on the market.

Besides, I did get the Blaster Master print and that's limited to 10. Far more important than the TMNT which now has 160 out there. But I did want a specific turtle...
We all knew that drop was BS when the edition size was announced, big waist o time if u ask me, I passed on them.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #3200
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Here is one of the Space prints by Andrew DeGraff that caught my attention.

http://andrewdegraff.tumblr.com/post...88s-space-show

"Here’s my submission to Gallery1988’s SPACE! Show, curated by Mr. Mike Mitchell opening tonight, Friday the 21st. The finish is a 13” x 19” archival giclee."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
http://blog.sirmitchell.com/post/510...hare-this-with

From artist Mike Mitchell's blog:

"You guys, I am thrilled to finally share this with you. It’s the first time I’ve ever curated a show, and it’s a theme that I’m very passionate about. Take a gander at the artist list, get yourself pumped up and come to the show, it’s going to be a stellar time."

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote