Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #2891
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalanchedriver View Post
I think I'll keep mine and take the credit. Here couple pics of mine outside.
If mine lookes like that I won't repaint it. The base is going to get changed purely because I don't want Genisys on it.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #2892
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Mine arrived about an hour ago. First it has to be mentioned I decided to buy a returned defective statue so I knew I was rolling the dice.
Written on the top was 'do not ship due to resin bubbles'. I started to worry. On opening the box the head was loose. It's not a break just where the glues seperated. Theres also a small piece in the bag but ive looked everywhere and cant see where it goes so no big deal. It also has the marked shoulder but again no big deal to me as you'd need to look for it to notice.

Box arts great.
Its light - no big deal. It's delicate but it dosn't feel cheap and like a neca to me as some said.
Resin bubbles - shows great QC by Chronicle but I personally dont think its bad and I wouldnt have noticed unless I knew.
Paint - mines black, charcoal and silver. The teeth aren't great but thats down more to the endo design and its grin. The rings around the eyes are badly painted. The guns not too great either. Personally Im ok with it now ive seen it in the flesh. I'll repaint the gun but won't be painting the rest just yet.it Ive had far far worse from Sideshow over the recent years.
I'm happy with this more than I was with the Guardian.
At full retail I'd have been more let down and more critical but I'd still have kept it.

Bonus - tax man didn't get me as it was marked defect.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #2893
Python
Omega Red

Glad you're happy DT. Seems you got a good deal in the end then, kudos to Chronicle for selling defect products at a genuine discount rather than offering a small credit.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #2894
Robopredinator
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Mine arrived about an hour ago. First it has to be mentioned I decided to buy a returned defective statue so I knew I was rolling the dice.
Written on the top was 'do not ship due to resin bubbles'. I started to worry. On opening the box the head was loose. It's not a break just where the glues seperated. Theres also a small piece in the bag but ive looked everywhere and cant see where it goes so no big deal. It also has the marked shoulder but again no big deal to me as you'd need to look for it to notice.

Box arts great.
Its light - no big deal. It's delicate but it dosn't feel cheap and like a neca to me as some said.
Resin bubbles - shows great QC by Chronicle but I personally dont think its bad and I wouldnt have noticed unless I knew.
Paint - mines black, charcoal and silver. The teeth aren't great but thats down more to the endo design and its grin. The rings around the eyes are badly painted. The guns not too great either. Personally Im ok with it now ive seen it in the flesh. I'll repaint the gun but won't be painting the rest just yet.it Ive had far far worse from Sideshow over the recent years.
I'm happy with this more than I was with the Guardian.
At full retail I'd have been more let down and more critical but I'd still have kept it.

Bonus - tax man didn't get me as it was marked defect.
For a resin-bubbled, shoulder-defective, loose-headed, poorly painted teeth, black endo . . . anything over $100, and you got took in my opinion.

Do you have pictures of the resin bubbles? I haven't heard of this complaint and I'd be interested in seeing what they were referring to. Thanks.
Robopredinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #2895
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
For a resin-bubbled, shoulder-defective, loose-headed, poorly painted teeth, black endo . . . anything over $100, and you got took in my opinion.
Defective shoulder - doesn't show, I looked closely because I'd noticed others in this thread. Probably wouldn't have looked otherwise but Im not as anal as some. It's like a hair line on mine.
Resin bubbled - as I said its not even an issue. It was honest of CC to pick it up. Ive had far worse from other companies.
Poorly painted teeth - big deal. Its a 5 minute fix
Loose head - fixed in less than 30 seconds with a dab of glue.
Who said the endo was black? Sure its dark but it reminds me of the Salvation endo if that makes any sense.
Over $100 I was took?.... Your opinion but I think you're wrong. Wasn't actually far off that though.
Don't have a macro camera for the bubbles sorry. Its just rough cast edge on the elbow joint. On anything other than a machine it would probably stick out more.

I'm really happy with it at the price I paid, I actually consider it a bargain.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #2896
Robopredinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Defective shoulder - doesn't show, I looked closely because I'd noticed others in this thread. Probably wouldn't have looked otherwise but Im not as anal as some. It's like a hair line on mine.
Resin bubbled - as I said its not even an issue. It was honest of CC to pick it up. Ive had far worse from other companies.
Poorly painted teeth - big deal. Its a 5 minute fix
Loose head - fixed in less than 30 seconds with a dab of glue.
Who said the endo was black? Sure its dark but it reminds me of the Salvation endo if that makes any sense.
Over $100 I was took?.... Your opinion but I Think your wrong. Wasn't actually far off that though.
Don't have a macro camera for the bubbles sorry. Its just rough cast edge on the elbow joint. On anything other than a machine it would probably stick out more.

I'm really happy with it at the price I paid, I actually consider it a bargain.
. . k
Old 02-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #2897
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
. . k

Can you get a 1/4 licensed endo kit for $100? If not, he probably wasn't robbed. As a base for improvements, you could do worse than this at the heavily reduced price.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #2898
Robopredinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Can you get a 1/4 licensed endo kit for $100? If not, he probably wasn't robbed. As a base for improvements, you could do worse than this at the heavily reduced price.
What is the heavily reduced price?
Old 02-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #2899
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We have had about thirty returned from the run so far, if anyone would like one to use for scratch building or modifying, let us know.

We do like advertising on Statue Forum, but it is not our main source for collectors for some reason.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #2900
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We have had about thirty returned from the run so far, if anyone would like one to use for scratch building or modifying, let us know.

We do like advertising on Statue Forum, but it is not our main source for collectors for some reason.
A friend of mine who does a lot of scratch bulit kits is coming to look at the endo tomorrow to see if it can be modded so it looks like a torso with no legs dragging itself through the rubble trying to get one last kill.
If he says it can be done I'll be getting another one from you shortly.