Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-29-2020, 03:05 PM   #581
built2shred
Phoenix

I never noticed his voice that much in the Nolan movies... yeah it was low and gruff but I didn't really think anything of it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:22 PM   #582
Mister H
Gen 13

I like how they handled Afleck’s Bat-voice.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #583
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The voice got worse from Batman Begins to TDK. Bale's Batman voice in TDK was down right ridiculous. I can't believe someone didn't tell him to stop trying so hard to sound tough and scary. It was so over the top that it was very distracting to me every time he growled out his lines. I actually thought at the time that perhaps he was trying to compete with Heath Ledger's Joker performance because his voice definitely came off as if he was trying too hard to make his performance as memorable as Heath Ledger's. Just a thought I had back then...
I didn’t mind to be honest . As a matter of fact I love it. Bale was so intense he seemed slightly crazy. All the great batmans IMHO played a crazy villian at some point in their career and they bring a bit of that craziness to their Batman. But I can also find it hilarious. Any funny Batman nowadays is depicted with Bales voice and I flipping love it. It’s iconic now. Conroys Voice for the Batman in my head , Bales voice when I am dressed up as Batman for a Halloween party.

If anyone needed to be told to stop trying hard it needed to be Jared Leto and his Joker lol.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:25 PM   #584
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I like how they handled Afleckā€™s Bat-voice.
Yeah I though that was great.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:50 PM   #585
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I didn’t mind to be honest . As a matter of fact I love it. Bale was so intense he seemed slightly crazy. All the great batmans IMHO played a crazy villian at some point in their career and they bring a bit of that craziness to their Batman. But I can also find it hilarious. Any funny Batman nowadays is depicted with Bales voice and I flipping love it. It’s iconic now. Conroys Voice for the Batman in my head , Bales voice when I am dressed up as Batman for a Halloween party.

If anyone needed to be told to stop trying hard it needed to be Jared Leto and his Joker lol.
The Leto Joker was bad over all...it wasn't just the voice, that's for sure.

To me, the reason, "funny" Batman, as in the one on "The Way it Should Have Ended" animated videos uses the Bale Batman voice is for the very reason that it is silly and over the top. It's definitely not iconic in my opinion, it's laughable, so that's why it's used...because it brings laughs. But, I respect that you feel differently about it than I do.

Conversely, the Pattinson Batman voice sounded excellent in that new trailer and I was so happy to hear how cool he sounded as the Bat.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:15 AM   #586
built2shred
Phoenix

At least Bale disguised his voice, most Actors use the same voice for Batman as they do for Bruce Wayne... Like people wouldn't notice the same voice... Hmm, Bruce Wayne sounds just like Batman...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:13 AM   #587
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Conversely, the Pattinson Batman voice sounded excellent in that new trailer and I was so happy to hear how cool he sounded as the Bat.
Amen! He is such a soft spoken British dude I was pleasantly suprised.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #588
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Production on the movie is temporarily suspended after Robert Pattinson tests positive for COVID-19: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...an-coronavirus
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #589
Vracula
Jedi Order

Poops. Hope he gets better.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #590
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The Rock tested positive for Covid as well, pretty sure we're all going to get it at some point
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote