Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-08-2022, 09:36 AM   #691
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

You know when you type a response, read it, then just delete it because you realize it won't make one iota of difference to the thread because people only hear what they want to hear? This is one of those posts for me.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #692
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
You know when you type a response, read it, then just delete it because you realize it won't make one iota of difference to the thread because people only hear what they want to hear? This is one of those posts for me.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:51 AM   #693
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hope not.

Ditto. No one needs more of emo Bruce.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:32 AM   #694
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
No one still has commented on his fighting style. So I'm guessing he's a brawler in this movie.

I'm guessing then that this movie has 2 aspects of Batman covered, but not the third. The first, his gadgets ...and the second, him being a detective. The third, acrobatic/ninja-like fighting style ...was not covered in this movie.

Will see this movie for myself next weekend.
It reminded me of a bit more grounded version of the "Arkham" video games in terms of weight and impact. There is a police station scene that really made me think of those games.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #695
Mister H
Gen 13

When will the SPOILERS tag be added?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:09 PM   #696
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
He can handle himself very well I just don?t know what kind of fighting style I would call it. Brawler yes at times but also very calculated at others, he does not shy away from a fight no matter the number of opponents or the weapons they carry

Hmm ...at least that part about being calculated is one I like.

Thanks for the input.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #697
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It reminded me of a bit more grounded version of the "Arkham" video games in terms of weight and impact. There is a police station scene that really made me think of those games.

I'll have to look out for that when I go see this thing.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:56 PM   #698
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Hmm ...at least that part about being calculated is one I like.

Thanks for the input.
i dont know that much about hand to hand combat but the efficiency he can neutralize multiple threats impressed me - why i say "calculated"
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:18 PM   #699
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I would have given the movie a 9/10 if not for the woke stuff. Her comment about white privilege was so cringe and completely took me out of the Gotham fantasy world. I couldn't believe they put that trash in a Batman movie. It was especially cringe coming from Zoe, who comes from a long line of family members in show business. She's also related to Jason Momoa (Aquaman) by marriage, so I'm thinking her privilege got her the role. I'm wondering how bad the 4 hour Director's Cut will be.
I don't think there any spoilers in my comment, but I do wrote about some of the themes present in the movie. So I used the spoiler tag to make sure...

Spoiler

I thought it was appropriate considering the major themes of the movie and Catwoman's background. It's a movie about how people exploit and take advantage of each other and how the powerful are above the "invisible" people of the city.
Be the Penguim in his club or the Waynes in their mansions. Some of the antagonists motivation come in part from this context. So I think her line about privilege is actually interesting to show how Bruce is also part of this, but what makes him stand out from the rest is how he starts to use it to actually protect other people.

Movies also reflect the current time they are made. Batman from 1989 would't make sense if it was released today, and this film wouldn't make sense if it was released in 1989. And social inequality is a huge topic today.

Just to note, this is my point view and how I saw these aspects while I watched the film. I think these are interesting topics to discuss.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:29 PM   #700
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

We need more of THIS character in the next film! While other iterations are cool and have their own charm, this version stole my heart and has to be my favorite...the sight and sound of it all

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote