Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #1671
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Paint them here in America.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #1672
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
It's humorous to see the CC apologists perform damage control on public perception.

Whos being an apologists you mental midget?.. If they are bad they are bad I knew one of the forum trolls would totally miss that part. We have seen 2-3 maybe statues and then the negative fear mongering by 2 fools who are trying to profit by making items that CC is. Ive seen it many times with many mediums and guess what the studio and lisence holders win.

Youre a troll and really need to be banned and have your ip address recorded so any new accounts you create get banned right away you literally buy nothing. If so post pics
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #1673
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
Are you sure that no one isn't expecting perfection? Just saying...
I'm not. All these years of collecting and conversion trips. I know what to expect. The thing is that I'm surprised by is the "it's just camera and lighting" comment and the pics showed up around the net so far consider the high profile and general expectation based on info CC shared before and after the release of this piece.

I'm keeping mine and a bunch of JP stuff from CC. What can I say...I'm fan of JP.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #1674
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
It's humorous to see the CC apologists perform damage control on public perception.

Not damage control, lunacy control. If there is one thing the internet is good for, it is allowing people to freak out and get people worked up over an issue we cannot even prove. We have no physical item yet. The worst pics we have seen I classify as subpar painting at worst, nothing to make me cancel an order or lose my mind. Having faith in fellow americans to keep their ---- together is something I lost years ago. Thanks for the plug in your pic though! Allow me to reciprocate. You are the planet when something appears to be slightly wrong and you can't prove it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iW1qEEot8jYbrOrDv_FvUOE09vUcsmK84Ze4NUIgPZ_wgaOdaB--ExbL8qvktbZKNtE=h900.png
Views:	9
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	103186  
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #1675
thx217
Ultimates

It sucks to see some the posts are allowed/tolerated here. This place used to be fun, informative and a bunch seasoned collectors who come here to have some fun and knows what their talking about. Sadly, not anymore...
Old 03-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #1676
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Yea being a long term member here i have seen this happen more times than most who are talking. Its really taken the enjoyment seeing the constant micro criticism and entitled attitudes some of the newbs have. Dont get me wrong Im not saying duds dont happen but not everything is a disaster.
That's a load and you know it. I for one have been collecting long enough to remember when the original Trex vs. Raptor SSC piece came out. And frankly, how long I've been at this, or anyone else, is irrelevant. Everyone here has as much invested in this piece as you or I do, and CC is not doing this for charity or out of the kindness of their hearts, or as a favor where "self entitlement" even comes into play. They're doing it for the $550 we all have paid. They showed us something, we decided that was worth our money and paid, and they are delivering this:

Micro criticisms?

If you're happy with that fine. If you want to wait and see how it turns out, fair enough, even though this IS how it's turned out for a number of people already. I totally get the wait and see approach and am in a position where I'm more or less going to have to be in that boat too. But calling someone self-entitled because they felt like the purchase contract wasn't fulfilled with the above level of quality is asinine. The elitist stuff gets just as old as any people who complain.
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #1677
Robopredinator
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

. . .
Robopredinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #1678
Robopredinator
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Whos being an apologists you mental midget?..
Youre a troll and really need to be banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
You are the planet when something appears to be slightly wrong and you can't prove it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzmZublAOk
Robopredinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #1679
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
It sucks to see some the posts are allowed here. This place used to be fun, informative and a bunch seasoned collectors who come here to have some fun and knows what their talking about. Sadly, not anymore...
You mean it used to be a clique of only people you got along with? Welcome to the world of forums that have some success at being forums. But there's a silver lining. It's good to interact with people who don't agree with you on everything. Iron sharpening iron.
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #1680
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1212 View Post
You mean it used to be a clique of only people you got along with? Welcome to the world of forums that have some success at being forums. But there's a silver lining. It's good to interact with people who don't agree with you on everything. Iron sharpening iron.
Funny stuff. Keep it up.