Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #291
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't care much either, but since people keep bringing it up as some sort of negative reason to dislike the piece, I thought I would ask.
It’s because if you are unhappy, you tend to be more vocal and become more nit-picky. I am sure there are people who love this piece more than people who don’t.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #292
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
It’s because if you are unhappy, you tend to be more vocal and become more nit-picky. I am sure there are people who love this piece more than people who don’t.
I know. Trust me, I was vocal and nitpicky in the Magneto thread when his hideous EX portrait and price tag were revealed

I'm in no way arguing the point of view as I feel, and always say, to let people have their opinion. I was simply asking what about it made it pin-up and my follow up of if the two previous Sideshow pieces were pin-up.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #293
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I know. Trust me, I was vocal and nitpicky in the Magneto thread when his hideous EX portrait and price tag were revealed
well we all need somewhere to vent.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #294
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
well we all need somewhere to vent.
Yup, totally get it, especially when you're disappointed by a piece you've literally waited years and years for.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #295
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I think if you're a big Mystique fan, and you like this statue, and the SS PF is a disappointment to you, then bite the bullet and get the XM version. If you're a casual fan of the character and don't mind the SS PF then you should probably just get that one during the 2019 holiday sale. I'm pretty sure it will still be in stock.

Like for me, even though I've been priced out of collecting the X-Men line I love Wolverine, and the brown suit version for XM is still on my list as a buy. Yes it would be cheaper (probably half the cost) to buy the new SS PF Wolvie, but I know I wouldn't be satisfied with that piece and would regret not getting the XM statue.

Don't get SS Mystique just to be a placeholder for something that you'll probably end up buying anyway. If she's the clear winner in your eyes then that's the only reason to purchase that piece.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #296
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I think I have a thing for blue chicks.
I do too. I also an affinity to green.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #297
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Looks great, don't know why would anybody complain about either mystiques tbh.

Sideshow's version is bit weak with the weird nose on their only portrait. But the XM version is really pretty and i like both face sculpts.

Sideshow might have the better pose but the XM face sculpts take the cake for me. And it isn't like the XM pose is entirely fail, it works to a certain extent and for the majority of the part it looks good. Really digging that sports bra effect they have on her top.

The only real gripe i have is the price, this should not have been priced anywhere near batgirl/dark phoenix/poison ivy or more than storm which are all more complicated sculpts.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #298
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
.....who cares about this pin up argument? Anyone?
I could care less as well. The bottom line is the Mystique is balls to the walls phenomenal! Most impressive Mystique I have yet to see in statue form.

In others defense, I do understand why some would prefer a more lethal attacking pose, and truth be told, maybe they will get that in 1/7?

Time will tell.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #299
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

This is a great Mystique. I like Sideshow's pose better, but XM shows its class all the way through this piece. (Both portraits are better too. Clearly)
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:46 AM   #300
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
This is a great Mystique. I like Sideshow's pose better, but XM shows its class all the way through this piece. (Both portraits are better too. Clearly)
My thoughts exactly, i cant get around the silencers on the revolvers on the sideshow piece... it doesn't work lol.
I like the switchout options on this, both portraits, and the outfit details. Will be hard not to order this when available!
House is offline   Reply With Quote