Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-09-2018, 03:37 AM   #581
mars
The Spirit

Happy to see some collectors photos being posted here this statute as mentioned before does look amazing I personally snapped it up as soon as it went on PO I think it's very unique and very different.

As far as looking like Red Sonja the only part that is the same as Red Sonja is the fact that they're both great statues but not the same (stance) if you look at the picture that I've posted you can see their legs stands are not the same the chin is in a different level Red Sonja is looking up ( a little bit) Rebel Terminator is looking directly across

I can't see how someone here is commenting that their exactly the same! (re-sculptured)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
Seems lazy to have the exact same leg placement on two statues released the same year.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:48 AM   #582
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I have both these statues, and considering how patchy SS products can be, I'm stoked that they both turned out so good.

As to the current topic of debate. It's absolutely clear that there are strong similarities in the body shape and pose.

I can imagine a scene at SS where the art director realised the "home run" in Red Sonja's design, and thought, hey, I'd love to use it again somewhere else......

But, here's the rub, so what? Does this somehow detract from either piece? Would this design choice make either piece seem cheap or poorly executed?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:40 AM   #583
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
Seems lazy to have the exact same leg placement on two statues released the same year.
Maybe, but again, similar poses are nothing new in this hobby. Just off the top of my head of the first set of DC PF's--Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Darkseid, and Lex Luthor are all in full Captain Morgan mode. They may look good individually, but it looks a little ridiculous when they're all displayed together.

If you like a statue and can afford it, then get the statue. If you buy both the new Red Sonja and Rebel Terminator, just display them on different shelves instead of right next to each other if the similar pose bothers you.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #584
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That is kind of my point. I like both the statues, but am compelled to choose one or the other. The comment of them next to each other really proves my point. It looks like a unique position if you own one statue, but is just unique enough to seem like a copy when you see it on another statue nearby. Especially when the same company made the statues the same year. Does someone know of a previous Sideshow statue that looks very similar to the stance on these?
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #585
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #586
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

If I stopped buying statues with similar poses, I would have had to stop a long time ago. I’d also have way more money by not spending it on statues lol.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #587
built2shred
Phoenix

I guess we could have them stand on one leg while the other leg is pulled up by their head.

There's only so much you can do with a museum pose.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #588
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

This piece turned out awesome! A great combination of art style with the terminator brand. One of a kind in a sea of repeat characters.

Somebody making the argument that Sideshow is re-using sculpt or leg position and is lazy with this? Let's take a look.

If this is the only complaint out there, this piece is a winner!
Well said ...
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #589
Y3E
Gen 13

Complaint/concern about poses being similar? Geez...
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #590
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Kind of bummed the exposed endo eye didn't light up...
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote