Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-21-2021, 06:06 PM   #501
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Also its not to far off topic, as I consider Scarlet witch apart of the X-men. Being the daughter of magneto and also being a major player in House of M.
You might, but Marvel disagrees.

Her last solo series really dived head in on her no longer being a mutant and tried to make it harder to re-establish her as a mutant down the line if they want to.

They should’ve never made that change.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:57 PM   #502
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I don’t mind the fact that her and Pietro are not mutants anymore
And I also don’t mind the fact that it was once again retconned that they are not magnetos children because that was a retcon to begin with

Personally I think what could’ve been really interesting is if they still were Magneto’s children but they were born human and not mutants
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:23 PM   #503
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That could have been interesting, especially because he does have a mutant daughter in Polaris.

I like in the comics now how she is viewed as a terrorist by the XMen and will eventually have to atone for her crimes.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:57 AM   #504
mmk123

I definitely think there will be some sort of confrontation between the scarlet witch and the X-Men or the mutants of Krakoa however I don’t really see too much being done to the scarlet witch especially with her huge surge in popularity due to Wanda/vision.

I know I have said this before but Dr. doom was manipulating wander which led to her actions and avengers dissembled and also in-house of M. Because if you think about it if he didn’t do anything to manipulate her then with her mind has ever reach the state that it was in so I don’t understand why Dr. doom isn’t being held accountable as well by the mutants of Krakoa.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #505
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
You might, but Marvel disagrees.

Her last solo series really dived head in on her no longer being a mutant and tried to make it harder to re-establish her as a mutant down the line if they want to.

They should’ve never made that change.
Oh that's weird and I haven't gotten to that book yet. So oops spoilers...... I still read comics just have so many to get through and always jump around on publishers/series.

Well she still a part of the X-Men History so with house of M. Unless that's what you were meaning that they erased House of M story line in the time line.

I don't collect Avengers, so being apart of the X-Men story is the only justification to buy her, and even them i'm on the fence. But leaning more towards getting her.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #506
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Doom may have been toying with her, but she chose to utter the words that killed millions of them. She also has never tried to make up for her actions either. Also, we didn't see Wanda go after Doom that hard (it may have been in another comic than XMen, so if she did let me know), instead she took her actions out on Magneto, Xavier, Peter and all other mutants.

The XMen do have their own history with Doom, but he pretty much leaves them alone. Here and there they toss in a plot point that brings him in. I did always enjoy the Franklin Richards stuff since that brought two classic groups together.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:44 AM   #507
mmk123

In the AXIS mini series is when she did go after doom and there was also a two-parter that tied in to that miniseries in I believe avengers world where a group of avengers had to get together to protect doom from the scarlet witch

Now they did show she was trying to do summer atonement in the X-Men empire for a partner but it ended up failing

And I do agree she was the one that uttered the words “no more mutants” but I also do think that in addition to doom that there was other manipulations happening to her by PIetro and possibly Magneto.

I guess also since the scarlet witch is my favorite marvel character I’m willing to defend her and never felt that her breakdown that happened to her was very much of a character driven story it was more of a “let’s put this character into this plot” story.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:13 AM   #508
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You may be the first person I can think of on here who is a huge Scarlet Witch fan I've always liked her look, but because she ran with the Avengers more than the Brotherhood, I know only parts of her life. I feel they gave her more of a background in that series than anything I read in XMen.

You're right though - Peter is a dick and used her a lot. Though I do think that her breakdown is in character since she has lost many things in her life and willed/powered things into creation. She aint the most stable of very powerful characters!
Old 06-22-2021, 05:23 PM   #509
Peedi
The Secret Six

Beat me to it, I was about to say Empyre: X-Men was Wanda’s attempt to make things right. But it failed miserably.

My problem with that story in issue #1 is that she doesn’t tell the mutants she wants to make amends. She just does what she does despite other mystics warning her against her actions. I guess she wanted to surprise them?

The messed up thing is once things do go bad as predicted she doesn’t really fix the situation and kinda leaves it, which of course leads to her causing even MORE trouble for Mutants. In the end if I remember correctly (I might not, I read a lot of comics), they never find out she’s to blame (probably a good thing) and she never finds out what her current actions caused.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:24 PM   #510
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
never felt that her breakdown that happened to her was very much of a character driven story it was more of a “let’s put this character into this plot” story.
True.